that smile..

Ummmm hi lol

~~~~
3rd POV
~~~~

Megumi stared at his ceiling as he lay down with confusion, and maybe a little bit of despair. Thinking about all the times Yuuji made him feel so happy and tingly inside, only to realize that Yuuji doesn't feel the same.

"Why can't you just love me? Ask about my day? Take me out on dates? Comfort me when I'm feeling low?" -m

he slightly pouts as he puts his hands out as he subconsciously reaches for the air as he lays on his bed.

he looks at his hands. "why'd he have to say that? why.." -m

Thinking about his crush, Megumi goes to sleep, shedding nothing but a single tear, as he believes his love to fall apart.

~~~
The next morning,
~~~

"MII-CHANN!" yuuji brightly greets as he sees megumi infront of the school gate.

"yuuji." megumi says with his usual annoyed expression.

"did you have fun yesterday?" -y

why does he do everything like a golden retriever...?

megumi doesnt know what exactly to say, should he lie to make yuuji feel better? or should he tell the truth and give himself out?

fortunately for him, nobara chose something else.

"hey you little shitheads" nobara says as she slaps yuuji's head.

"heyy!!" yuuji cries

nobara smirks before she looks over at megumi, slight unnoticeable eye bags under his eyes, he looks... sad?

"hey megumi you seem down, you good?" nobara says as she notices megumi's slight change of behaviour.

"hehh? isnt he always like this?" yuuji says as he genuinely decides to share his stupidity.

"shut up dumbo" says nobara as she punches yuuji's head, making the dumb male even dumber.

"hey im good." megumi says without a change to his expression.

"uhuh... sure." nobara doesnt seem to believe megumi.

~~~~
megumi's pov
~~~~

what is she trying to do? does she know?? this isnt good. i dont want these guys to know that im not feeling the best.

"im fucking good nobara, drop it." i say a little sternly, regretting it right after, as she starts yapping and blabbering about my behaviour towards her and other women.

~~~~
time skip to lunch
~~~~

i go to the cafeteria and to our usual table, only to find a short pink haired boy.

yuuji, how i love him, but oh well...

"yuuji? wheres nobara?" -m

"oh hey mii-chan" yuuji immediately smiles as he sees me, surprising me a little, does he only smile around me? i thought hes just a smily dork, maybe he is?

"nobara is actually stuck helping the arts and crafts club set up for some event, i dont really know what it is, but hey! we both can eat together today, just us two" yuuji smiles innocently

you little fuck, how dare u make my heart beat this fast by doing absolutely nothing, ugh, a slight blush creeps up my face as i look away to hide it.

"fine." i say plainly but inside im screaming

i put my tray down opposite yuuji's

"hey why are u sitting so far away lmao, come over here" yuuji says as he pulls out the chair right beside him.