Last five minutes

"Ohh the long awaited summer vacation has finally arrived"
she thought to herself before getting her bags and getting off the bus.

"Finally!"
She sighed and moved forward to her aunt's home in varkala.

She often visited her aunt in summer as she loved beaches and not to mention her favourite person, her best friend 'Arun' stayed there. There was rarely any summer that passed by when those two didn't meet.
They actually met at varkala beach about 14 years ago when Diya was five years old she lost her precious bracelet after bumping into Arun and then they spent the whole day looking around the beach for the bracelet and at the end of the day they finally found it.

"Madhu aunty open the door it's me diya"
She said while knocking on the door after while the door was unlocked and her aunt welcomed her in the home. she hugged her aunt happily and had a small chat with her before her attention was drawn to her cousin Kishan lying on couch who then got up lazily and greeted her.

"Oh! it's summer already welcome chiku" he said while fist bumping with her.
"Yes! It's summer already and I'm gonna annoy you so much kishan. I hope you're ready for that."
She said ruffling kishan's shaggy black hair.
"Yeah, right we'll see who annoys whom."
Kishan fixed his hair and then proceeded to head out of the house.

"Ma, I'm going to ravi's place." He said as he opened the wooden front door.

"Make sure you get the urad dal on your way back!"
Aunt shouted from the kitchen.

"Sure! Anything that you'd like to have diya?"

"Nothing really I'm not hungry"
She said lazily swaying her feet while sitting comfortably on couch.

"You actually thought I was going to get you something huh?" He laughed before finally leaving the house and closing the door behind him.

"Kishan Don't be so mean!" aunt shouted at the kishan who already left the house.

"He's gone already aunty!"
She said getting up from the couch.

"Alright go ahead take shower and get some rest" aunt suggested.

Diya nodded and went to her room.
After a 10 minutes of hot shower diya then rested on her bed took out her phone and called Arun.
.
.
.
.

"Hey your phone's ringing"
Vansh shook the sleeping arun next to him.
"Mhmm.. what is it?" Arun murmured still half asleep.
"Your phone. It's ringing since the past 5 minutes. "
"Is it?"
Arun then picked up the call

"Hello, it's Arun here. Who is it?"
"take a guess aloo"
"Aloo? Wait! Diya is that you?! "
"Correct!"
"Ohh! It's been long since you last called this must be your New number I suppose?"
"Yes it indeed is! I'm already in varkala. let's hangout if you want?"
"Sure thing meet me on the beach at 6 pm?"
"Okay see you then take care."
"Yeah you too."

After taking a good long nap diya woke up and it was already 6:15 by then and 10 missed calls from Arun.
"Shoot.. I'm late!"
She called Arun and told him to wait for a few more minutes. Then she washed her face tied her hair into a bun and left for meeting Arun.

She borrowed kishan's bicycle as to reach the beach earlier.
After 5 good minutes of riding the bicycle she reached the beach and it was a magnificent view to observe. The settings sun and the people strolling around with their families and dogs. Couples sitting there enjoying the lovely evening. Children running around with the ballons in their hands and oh! amidst them all there was an outstanding figure with tousled chestnut hair and blue striped shirt with denim shorts. He was sitting alone on a bench with a phone in his hand. Had he gotten more attractive or was it just her hallucinating?