Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 We ran for miles in a thickly filled forest, resting only once to climb up a tree to check the sky position. our dead sprints turned to a moderate jog as the night fell over us. everything would look exactly the same in this forest if we didn't have awesome night vision.

 We would have gone harder around midnight, but it started raining. we may be superhuman but we still get sick, rain makes it easier for germs to get into our immune system. So we found a cave to sleep in until the storm had passed, and just in time too. the wind picked up right after Victor had made a fire.

 But our attempts to save our health had failed, Fate was already coughing up a lung, sneezing and all. Blade made her a little cot to sleep of for a while but we all knew. Wolf and I exchanged glances, she would be a liability if she came with.

 We decided in our silent way we had, that it would be too late to send her back, someone would have to go with her and they would have to go slowly. Fate would have to get better now. Saber had a spell that she could give me to help. Unfortunately I had to do the spell because the rest of the team wasn’t strong enough to use it.

 I took the spell and read it over a couple times before going over to her cot. I took a deep breath knowing what I had to do. “Alright Fate, this might hurt a bit.” I had to break the rib right above her heart for the spell to work right. “One, two...” I cracked it on two so that she didn’t see it coming.

 She whimpered and bit her lip so that she didn’t scream, she never fought, she didn’t need to, she killed hundreds without touching anyone. So having injuries wasn’t normal for her. I wanted to cry but instead I gently laid her back down and whispered the spell with my hand over her chest. “Mend what the body couldn’t resist. mind the course of action for the body full of ache.” But of course the spell didn’t fix her ribs, we also didn’t have a spell for that.

 Wolf, always prepared, handed me a bandage that had the technology to fix broken ribs in two days if set properly. I also had to do this since I could feel things with my eyes, It’s weird, I touch an object and can see everything that has happened, what is wrong with it, or simply how it works.

 “Take a deep breath” I instructed. She did as she was told, Crack! It slid back in place and I made sure it would stay before I had wolf wrap her up.

 The rest of the night seemed to last forever. Fate coughed a lot, trying not to distract the rest of us or to bring too much attention to herself. The rain didn’t stop until the sun rose, I still didn’t fully understand what we had to do, but I knew we had to do it.

 We would be at the forest of Napat in less than ten hours if we ran the whole way with no stops. we would come across a big, straight clearing before we knew we were in the Napat forest and then we would run for approximately twenty nine hours after to get to the Thatu kingdom.

 we sat around telling campfire stories until we could leave. I told the team my plans and when they started complaining I shut them up by telling them that if they beat me to the clearing that I would let them be my second in command...Wolf was competitive when her status was in peril.

 As the race started, Fate calmly but slowly walked out of the cave, I watched as the rest of the team played dirty. No one was being thoughtful, so I grabbed Fate by the waist. “fast as the wind, fly off the daily bend, move, move, breath and take no time to be leadened.”

 I guess I can’t really say that no one beat me, I cheated... I took Fate with me as I enchanted my feet to move faster, no one else could use such a powerful spell and I knew Fate would only be grateful that I helped her through the forest instead of demanding to be my second in command.

 Wolf followed us at a close second and immediately complained about fairness. "Calm down Wolf, you’re still my right hand man...”

 As the rest of the team burst through the trees I told them all separately the next part of my plan. Again, they complained, but now I told them to split into teams of two according to magic skill.

 This put them into teams accordingly: Saber and Fate, Blade and Victor, Wolf and myself. Then I instructed each team to separate eighty feet apart then each member to split that into forty feet and run straight. Since we had no idea which direction would be the closest to the kingdom we knew it would be easiest if we split like this. We could hear every person clearly, even with the distance, so it didn’t matter at all for any of us.

 We ran straight for approximately five hundred yards before a hidden trench stopped us. I could hear the air whistling below, calling the team to a stop, I thought about what needed to happen.

 Alright, the queen gave us 97 hours to get there and back, we had already used twelve hours to the night and the stop to the old peoples home. It would take us fourty-eight hours to get there normally. So we would not have time to go around..."let's go through, the trees aren't an option," I glanced up, there wasn't enough overhang. "Down and up, I'll go find a spot to climb." I shuffled around the trench...

 I'll go ahead and admit it, a fantastically concealed hole next to the trench was a fantastic idea. I only wish I had noticed before my foot did...

  The last things I remember is the dark shadows flying by and landing flat on my back. I'm proud of my team, they didn't react out loud at all. Without giving away my position, incase someone was close by.

 When I woke again I found that my team still hadn’t found a way to the bottom, so I couldn’t have been out that long. But still it was very eerie down here by myself, if I was not the A team general I would be frozen stiff with fear.

 I stood up brushing myself off and looking around. It seemed to be completely empty until my ears pricked up. someone was watching me, and they were coming closer...