Chapter 32- The Poisoned King

Breathing is a something people do daily without usually any thought. When a person breathes it seems normal or like an instinct. You don't really think about breathing until you are clutching your throat and struggling for air. My knees begin to buckle beneath me as my vision blurs. The last thing I see before my vision turns completely black and my body crashes to the floor is my father's cruel and heartless malicious grin.

-
Shortly after I come back into consciousness I am disoriented and don't recognize my surroundings. Something is in my mouth as I am unable to speak. I attempt to move my hands but I can't do that either. I hastily comprehend that my hands are tied behind me. I tilt my head and it's a black rope around my wrists. I feel very dizzy. At a slower pace, I recall my father handing me a glass to drink and me drinking it and then passing out. He poisoned me. I don't know where he is. I cannot begin to emulate the intense joy he must have right now holding me captive. Darius is going to want me to be submissive to his ideas and wants but I can't let this happen. The man has an advantage because he knows now that I am vulnerable and that he has the ability to do whatever he wants with me. This punches me into the reality of the situation. He has the free opportunity to destroy me. This petrifies me. He wants to break me but he doesn't know I'm already broken.
-
The room I am held captive in is extremely dark other than one small yellow light shining over me. I close my eyes shut immediately after I hear footsteps nearby. Somehow I believe my father senses that I'm conscious because moments later he appears into the light. Darius says, "Don't act like you're asleep, foolish boy." I advert my eyes to him. I say, my voice sounding weird to me,  "You..tricked me. You poisoned me." My father tilts his head towards me and speaks back, "Oh, relax, you aren't dead." Pacing the room, Darius continues his statement, conceding," Poisoning you. That I did. However you are lucky I gave you a small antidote to keep you alive." I grumble, "How thoughtful." The father of mine tells me, "I'm sure you are wondering why you are held captive. Much to my delight, I finally found you after the war. You have made me suffer a great deal of trouble, boy. You have no idea. I have lost countless of soldiers thanks to you escaping our territory on many occasions, leaving whenever you pleased, going behind my back numerous times." I say nothing. He states, "So of course I can't let your actions go with any consequences. And you told me hours ago I didn't know what love was. Well me reminding you of your many mistakes is at the end through love." I retort," You don't even know the beginning definition of love." A slap to my face is presented from his hand for my accusation. Darius says to me, "Starting now, you will be inflicting all the pain you caused me." My mind reverts back to the days when I was younger when I'd sit and watch my father shout at my pure and virtuous mother. The rope rubs against my bare wrist. My father approaches me with something in his hands. I recognize it as a taser gun. I exclaim, horrified, "Please, Darius, I'm sorry. Please don't do this. "Shut up," he says. He continues and whispers in my ear, "If you scream I will not hesitate to kill you." With that, he tazes me in the leg. I groan in pain. Every bone in my body screams in agony on the inside. Excruciating pain travels up my leg. I bite my lip so aggressively hard I taste blood as I try not to scream. After a few times Darius places the gun down in the table behind him and goes around the chair I am sitting in, his hand wrap around my swollen injured hand, he then cuts the rope I am tied against and says, "Follow me." I swallow and shakily follow behind him. Because it was clear I couldn't escape.