Breakfast, Introductions, and Insults

Suffice to say, Kris was tired. She'd been awake all day to start with, before trekking to a school filled with mobs, and staying up all night to socialise and set things up in her designated area. So yeah, by the time 11am rolled around, she didn't even need to be told to go to bed before she was out like a light die to sheer exhaustion. If she was just a little tired, she would've been more than a little hesitant, but she'd been up for a good 20 hours or so, and so she was tired. She wasn't used to staying up that long.

"...Hey." A voice was heard and a hand lightly pushed her, but Kris was too comfortable to want to move. It was the best sleep she'd had in a while - her mother usually got her up at 05:30, why did she let her sleep in?

"C'mon Krissy, you need to get up! Dustin's gonna be mad if she's late on the first day, and she wants to wait for you!" A different voice, followed by a rough push that actually shoved her out of bed. Kris let out a shriek as she hit the floor, a false wave of adrenaline rushing though her.

"Shit! What the f-... ah." Kris trailed off when she saw Dustin staring at her with an expression of steel. She shot her an apologetic look and a wavering smile.

"Go get changed, bathroom and stuff. We've already used it. You have thirty minutes, and then we all have to head down to the canteen for breakfast." Dustin's voice was still soft, but it had a twinge of annoyance to it now. Kris's heartbeat ran a little faster at that - she really didn't want to make any of them mad. That was so high up in her list of things of what not to do, it was practically top three. With that, Dustin left the room, motioning for Wraithe to follow her, which she did with a grin.

Kris sighed, finally coming down from the high of adrenaline. She grabbed her phone off the desk from where it was plugged in - she didn't plug it in before she went to bed, who did? - and checked the time. It read 20:03. She really needed to set the alarms so she would get up in time. Yawning, she gathered her clothes from her suitcase and wandered into the bathroom, before getting ready for the day.

~

Finally done, Kris admired herself in the bathroom mirror (why there was a full length one she'd never know). She... looked decent for once, eyes glinting with joy as she spun. Checking the time (it was now 20:32), she slotted her phone into the back pocket - she was allowed to wear trousers, but the skirts actually had them too, her previous school didn't have pockets and girls were only allowed to wear skirts or dresses, not trousers or skirts. This led to many... uncomfortable incidents involving the boys. The teachers did nothing about it and- she shook those thoughts out of her head, she didn't need them right now.

She left the room and began to head down the stairs, looking at what each room was titled before walking past. Brewing, Training Course, Sparring Room-

Explosives...?

And the canteen. She noticed the large glass windows at the front and peered in, just to see what she was expecting.

Jjac - at least the thought that was what the Slime's name was - was already there, chatting with Deorc, a Blaze, and a Drowned on one of the tables on the left side. In the middle table towards the back sat a Skeleton, a Wither Skeleton, and a Stray. With them sat Dustin and a Ghast. On the table on the right were Wraithe, a Phantom, a Creeper, an Enderman, and a Zombie. The Pigman and Piglin from earlier didn't seem to be there yet, and the only table that didn't have anyone on was the one at the front in the middle, so that was the one she was heading to. Pushing open the doors to the canteen, she was met with a few glances that made her uneasy, but other than that she was left alone.

"Careful human, I'm explosssive!" The Creeper giggled as Kris walked past Wraithe's table, causing her to flinch. He seemed younger than the others - was this the Cody that Dustin had mentioned? She'd mentioned that Wraithe was the youngest, except for Cody. Wraithe frowned at him.

"That's not very nice, Cody." The Creeper stuck his tongue out at her.

Just as she'd made her way over to the table, Dustin called her over to their table. She wasn't exactly going to say no - that would just make them hate her more and she was already disliked by a good amount of the mobs there. No need to make the target on her back any bigger than it already was. Sliding into the seat next to her, she looked around at all of the mobs that were currently watching her. They all regarded her with a kind expression apart from the Stray, who just stared, their face blank.

"Why did you call them over?" They hissed, causing the Wither Skeleton to shoot them a worried glance before apologetically looking at Kris.

"Blain, be nice. I'm sorry about him, it's just-"

"I-It's fine." Kris interrupted quietly, looking back down at the table. Her stomachs growled quietly, no one seemed to hear apart from herself and Dustin, who spared her a look when she pulled a packet of chocolate buttons from her other pocket.

"Ooookay!" The Skeleton said, interrupting the uncomfortable atmosphere. "Let's do introductions. I'm Sye, you'll be seeing me around the dorms a lot as I tend to stay in rather than go out a lot of the time. The Wither Skeleton's Orin, rooming with me in room 8, but she's more outgoing that me. The Stray is Blain, he's rooming in room 5 above us. The Ghast is Aviary, in room 4, she likes flying as per her species but also because it's a hobby of hers. And I'm sure you know Dustin, she rooms with you. You're... what's your name again? I know our teach mentioned it but I can't for the life of me remember what it was." There was silence for a few moments, before both the Ghast and the Stray both spoke up at the same time.

"I think it was Kathy."
"It's garbage."

Dustin glared at him. "Don't run your mouth if you've got nothing nice to say." A clattering of items hits the table as Blain abruptly stands up, his chair fling backwards and hitting the floor with a loud crash. The entire cafeteria falls silent, and every word that leaves his mouth is crisp and punctuating, before storming out of the room.

"Well I'm fucking sorry that humans hurt my little sister and I can't just instantly make friends with one."