Dorm Rooms and Friends

Kris was... concerned. Sure, not as greatly as before, but she was still anxious. May it be said once again - she was schooling and sharing dorms with literal monsters (and social anxiety go brrr). Heading up the stairs to where the rooms were situated, Kris was shoved by multiple of the mobs, almost taken off balance before being tripped and falling backwards. She let out a screech and clamped her mouth shut immediately (she would deny that sound was ever muttered). She closed her eyes and braced for impact.

Kris felt a (rotten?) hand wrap around her wrist, another on her shoulder, their grip tight. Hesitantly opening her eyes, her breath hitched as she came face to face with the Husk that she vaguely recalled to have defended her from the Slime earlier - what was his stupid name again? She swore it was something opposite. Wrenching her hand away, she watched as his hands fell to his side, muttering a small thanks while keeping her eyes trained on him.

"No problem." He said, motioning for her to follow him up the stairs, which she did after some internal debate. Her heart still beat a little faster, but she didn't decline. "I'm Deorc. You're, uh... Kathy, right? I think that's what our prof said."

"Ah, it's, uh, Kris. With a 'K'. And no 'H'." Kris corrected quietly, pulling her arms closer to herself.

"Oh. I must've misheard. Well, it's nice to meet you, Kris, even if some of the others don't think so." Well that's reassuring, she thought sarcastically, glancing down at her hand in which she had written her dorm room number. 7. Huh, that was her lucky number. She swallowed the bitter feeling and tried to swat the sour look off her face. She didn't feel very lucky at the moment. "My name's Deorc." Didn't he literally just say that? Kris looked at him, confusion expressed on her face.

"You've... already told me that." She said, pausing to open the door at the top of the stairs, allowing Deorc to go first. She wasn't exactly comfortable walking with a monster behind her - No offence but that's quite literally what he was. He frowned as she joined him, albeit behind a little, falling into step with his.

"Oh. Sorry, my memory must be acting up again... Ah, sorry. This is your room?" Kris stopped when she realised she was actually at what was her designated room, raising an eyebrow at Deorc, causing him to look way. "Sorry. Didn't want any of the others to start attacking you before you even knew where you were." Oh. That was... kinda sweet, actually. Aw.

"That's, uh, nice of you. Thanks." That was... actually really nice of him. Kris gave him a small wave before he ambled off, probably heading up to his room as well. Turning around, she stiffened when she realised who she was rooming with. Without warning, she was lunged at by what seemed to be a Cave Spider. There was another Spider standing behind them, a pair of their arms crossed. Kris flinched back, only to be stopped when a pair of (very strong) arms wrapped around her middle in what seemed to be a hug.

"Hey roomie! I'm Wraithe! What your name? Ooh, which bed are you having? You can't have the one over this side because I'm having that one. I'm not sure which one Dustin's having so you might have to ask her but-!" Kris was slightly ashamed to say that she kind of blocked out the sound of the Cave Spiders's voice, the mentioned mob having already pulled her into the middle of the room while she was in that sort of confused, dazed state. When she realised another mob was standing next to her, she move again flinched. Why were Spiders so quiet?!

"..." They didn't say anything for a moment, watching the other rush around the room with an overwhelming amount of excitement. "Hey." Wow. They were incredibly quiet compared to their rather loud counterpart. "Sorry about my sister... she gets like this around new people. She's... the youngest mob in this school. Well, apart from Cody, but..." She trailed off, leaving the end of the sentence hanging. That's when Kris realised something.

"Wait, how old are you all?" Kris asked, once again a confused look spreading over her face. The Spider spared a kind laugh.

"We're all around fifteen to eighteen - apart from some exceptions like Wraithe, for example. She has separation anxiety, so she had to stay with me. She's only twelve, while I'm seventeen." Kris nodded, dropping the subject. "How... how old are you?"

"Uh, sixteen." The Spider nodded - what was her name again? Kris was certain that the Cave Spider - Wraithe, she was pretty sure - had mentioned it, but she was speaking so fast Kris didn't quite catch it. And she didn't really have the guts to ask. "Which, ah, which bed do you have? I'll take the free one."

"You can have either one. I made my own, I've already spun the silk cobwebs in the corner. Wraithe would've done so too but she hasn't exactly mastered creating silk yet, so she's settled with a bed with a silk blanket." The Spider looked quite proud of herself. "I made it for her myself a few years ago, and she takes it everywhere, heh..." That's when she quietened down, an embarrassed blush creeping over her face as she looked down, slender fingers scratching at neck nervously. "I-I'm sorry, I rambled a bit, oh Brine-"

"It's fine, uh...?"

"Eh, Dustin." The Spider extended a hand and shook Kris's with it, a smile gracing her features. "You're Kris, right?"

"How did you-"

"I know Hero said Kathy, but you crossed it out and replaced it with Kris on your timetable seat. You spent your time avoiding looking at us, I sit next to you. Which is, uh, understandable."

Kris blinked. "Hero?"

"Herobrine. Our teacher. Speaking of, is this yours?" Dustin pulled out Kris's suitcase and she nodded, taking it off of her new acquaint. Picking the bed on the right side, closest to the door, she started setting herself up. She allowed herself a small smile. It wasn't terrible.