Part 5

"Hey! Come on, Hey!" A voice says, soft arms shaking him awake. Max wakes up to see a red face with fluffy ears and white markings. He screams. Again. "No, no be quiet!!" The cat thing says. "They'll hear you!!!" She puts her fluffy hand over Max's mouth to stop him screaming. As she takes her paw off, max realizes she is made of a kind of goo. He wiped the residue off his face and sits up. A dog is sitting in his lap. It has a strange shaped skull on its face. It barks, wagging its tail and lick's Max's face. "This is Gummy the slimepup. I'm Mezzy, but you can call me Mez for short." The cat says. Max screams. Again. "OH MY GOD, BE QUIET! You're gonna wake Nightmare up!" She points to a strange looking lizard with a three eyed goggle on its head. It seems to be chained to the wall with pure electricity. It is snoring softly. A small yellow and shiny slimepup is curled up in its lap. Max breathes heavily, shivering. Mezzy notices and climbs into the bed with him, wrapping her arms around his body. She is warm and soft, and Max feels his muscles unclench and body relax. "I don't know how you guys make warmth, so I guess I'll help you because you don't have any fur."
"I- I-" max stutters, his whole face turning red. Mezzy breathes softly and Gummy jumps to the floor with a loud Thump. Max leans into her warm, fluffy fur and lets himself fall asleep. He feels safe for once in many days.
     *•*•*•*
Max awakens to the sound of slimepups playing.
He drowsily sits up and looks around, blinking as his eyes adjust to the light. Mezzy sits in a corner of the room, fidgeting with a yellow and black hazmat suit. Max sees a black cat with yellow eyes sitting next to a lizard-cat-Axolotl thing with a three eyed goggle. It has many scratches and sores on it, and the cat is gently wrapping a bandage around its arm. He slowly approaches the two and the cat looks up, the lizard letting out a low, deep growl. Max stumbles back, surprised. He then notices his right arm has been numb for several hours. He takes a look at it and notices something strange about it.

His arm is gold, shiny, and transparent.