Part 3

Max is in the car driving with his parents to Laminax. He has his favorite pillow and a photo of his parents. He thought he would be bringing more, but maybe it was just for a night or something.
"Alright, here we are!" His mom says cheerily.
"Be back in a night or so." Max says as his mom kisses his forehead goodbye. He smiles and hugs his dad as well. As he walks up the stairs to the big concrete building, he hears the crackle of gravel on the driveway as his parents drive away. He waved to them and they wave back. Max continues up the stairs to the door and knocks on it. A grumpy looking man in a hazmat suit open the door and gestures him in. He doesn't seem very friendly.
"Come in, go get dressed, talk to him-" he points at a man behind a desk. "-and find your cell." He says in a grumpy voice as he hands max a pair of stained off-white shirts and pants. Max does what he said and walks over to the desk to talk to the man.
"Hi- I'm here for my applied job as a test subject?" Max says.
"Name, phone number, email." The man says in a tired voice.
"Oh- um- Max bradwell, [REDACTED], [REDACTED]." Max stutters.
"Alright, Cell 42, go down the hall, turn left and you should find it." The man grumbles. Max walks away quickly and follows the directions to his cell. It is a small jail cell looking room with a bed with a thin mattress, a metal toilet and sink all attached to the wall. Max notices there are guards next to each door down the hall, especially near a huge metal door with banging and growling noises coming from inside. Max tries not to think about it and steps into the cold metal room. He sets his pillow down and puts the photo of his parents on the windowsill. He hears the click of a lock and abruptly turns to the sight of a guard locking the door.
"Hey!" Max says, rushing to the door and rattling on the bars. "You can't just lock me in here!"
"Protocol." The guard grumbles. Max sighs and walks away back to his bed and lays down. The mattress is cold, the blanket is thin, and Max tries to ignore the fact that he is literally in jail.