Chapter Fourteen

Mary had helped Abigail clean herself up, as well as clean up her room. They hadn't been prepared for a toddler, but they also hadn't really been prepared for a baby. Dean, Sam, and Mary never really got much for Abigail's baby when she was pregnant, because they were still under the assumption Castiel would eventually end the Nephilim, but they were wrong.

Nobody had expected Jack to change from a newborn to a toddler only minutes after being born. Mary watched over the toddler, while Abigail showered and cleaned all of her blood off of her body. Once she was clean, she changed into a pair of Dean's sleep pants and a sports bra. After she woke up as a vampire, her body had went back to it's normal size, as though she had never been pregnant.

She held Jack and read to him, as Mary went out to the store to buy some clothes for the little boy. Mary bought the boy about ten outfits, which didn't include the pairs of pajamas she had picked, as well as a small blanket, and a cuddly bear that he could sleep with. Once she had gotten a few things, she brought them back to the bunker for Abigail and Jack.

"I think it might be best if Jack and I left soon," Abigail commented,"I know that having Jack around will leave a target on your backs, and will constantly pull demons, monsters, and angels to the bunker. I think the less time we're here, the better."

"Where are you going to go?" Dean asked, crossing his arms with a frown on his face.

"Maybe back to the house I had before," She answered,"if someone hasn't sold it because I was gone for months and it was pretty much abandoned."

"I don't like you leaving," Mary said, as she entered the room with the shopping bags,"but if that's what you're going to do, I think you should find a different house to stay in. I don't know for certain, but I have a feeling the demons and angels probably have traps up at the other house for you and Jack."

"Mom's right," Sam chimed in,"you should take a few days to find a place, and once you find a place, we can help you ward it from the demons and angels that might try to sneak up on you."

"You guys know that just because I'm leaving, doesn't mean I'll be gone forever. Jack and I will visit, and you could always visit us." Abigail commented, causing the Winchesters to smile.

"I was kind of thinking this was your way of getting away from us after everything that happened when we first met." Dean murmured, but Abigail shook her head.

"I got over that weeks ago," She replied,"Honestly, I really do care for you guys. You're really good friends to me."

"Like I said, you're family; you and Jack." Mary said, giving the girl another smile.

       Dean still wasn't a big fan of Jack, but he knew he'd have to get use to him. Abigail wasn't going to let anyone around her son that had any evil intentions towards him. Dean wouldn't hurt a child, but at the same time, the child was a Nephilim, and he wasn't sure where his morals lied with that one. He decided to believe that he wouldn't hurt any kid, no matter what they were, unless they attacked him, of course.

"It's been a long day," Abigail commented,"You guys want dinner?" She asked, as she looked around the table.

"You cookin'?" Dean asked, causing her to smirk.

"Would I have asked if I wasn't?" She retorted, making the man roll his eyes.

"What's for dinner, Abigail?" Sam asked, as she stood from the chair she was occupying.

"Well, I was thinking homemade loaded fries." She answered, and Dean's eyes seemed to light up.

"Philly cheese steak?" He questioned, causing her to give him a grin.

"Of course." She replied, and Dean quietly celebrated over the news.

        Abigail handed Jack over to Dean, which was a bit awkward, since Dean didn't really know what to do with him. Mary chuckled at the sight, but she silently applauded herself for buying a couple of toys for Jack that would occupy him when he was bored. Jack played with the toys, as he sat in Dean's lap and his mother cooked.

       Cooking was one of the things Abigail was very good at, but she didn't do it very often. Vampires didn't need human food to survive, so only a few people in her family ever needed human food. She wasn't often asked to cook, since Hayley or Freya did the cooking, or food would be gotten from a local restaurant when the women didn't feel like cooking.

        As she cooked, Abigail began to think about her family. Since she had given birth to Jack, she really didn't feel like hiding anymore. They deserved to know about Jack, but she didn't want to put them in danger. She knew that all the beings after her and Jack could cause real problems for her family, and she didn't want to be the reason for that happening. She wanted to protect them, and she didn't know if keeping Jack a secret was the best idea or not. She wanted them to finally know, but she didn't know if there would be targets on them if they did find out about Jack.

      The person she wanted to protect most in her family was her sister. Hope was practically her best friend, and she would never put the girl in any danger if she could help it. She missed Hope immensely, but she didn't want her to be hurt. She knew Hope could protect herself. Hope was a very strong and capable witch, but that didn't mean Abigail wanted to test out just how strong she was. She just needed a few more days to thunk about it, so she could make the decision she thought was best...