14.

Beyoncé POV
•••••••
Monday
September 4th, 2023
3 PM

I walked into my office, feeling a little down on my birthday. I wasn't looking forward to turning another year closer to 30 with nothing to show for it. No ring, no kids and no success to the degree I wanted.

I know Jay had promised to make it a special day but I didn't want the responsibility to be all on him.

I sat at my desk alone, fidgeting with random objects that were in front of me to help pass time. Sliding the stapler back and forth.

"Mrs.Knowles you have a guest." I heard my assistant say, earning a grin from me.

I wasted no time even asking who it was because I was anticipating Jay's arrival all morning.

"Please buzz them in," I said cheeringly.

My assistant nodded and did just that.

As I waited I grew anxious so I found myself doing my hair and makeup, taking selfies and sending them to Jay.

I was surprised to see my assistant holding not one, but two bouquets of flowers and placing them on the counter

Behind her followed Madison, Everly and of course Lo stepping into my office.

I was in complete confusion when I seen her face even though she looked so damn good

I was in complete confusion when I seen her face even though she looked so damn good. Maybe she was dropping the kids off for Jay? I know I haven't quite called things off with her but I figured that she would at least know coming to the office was completely off limits unless invited.

Coworkers gossip too much!

"Happy birthday, Beyoncé!" Lauren exclaimed. "I hope you enjoy these! One from me and one from the twins"

I forced a smile and took the two bouquets, both of them with delicate blooms in pastel hues.

"Does Jay know you're here?" I said softly in her ear as I gave her a hug.

We held on to one another a bit longer to continue our discrete conversation. I felt her hand sliding down my backside and it made me so angry that she would make a move with the children around.