𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

─────▕⃝⃤─────

Astria found herself pondering when she
would finally have a year at Hogwarts free from the need to fight for her own survival.Her chest heaved with exhaustion, and her leg throbbed, a wound that stubbornly refused to stop bleeding, while Daphne stood steadfastly by her side, raising a shield to protect their heads from the relentless rain of glass shards.

Finally, a glimpse of familiar faces appeared ahead. Ron, Ginny, and Luna dashed past, their arms shielding their heads from the chaos surrounding them. A heavy object struck Astria's face, another cut her shoulder, but she didn't yield. Clenching her teeth to stifle the pain, she lowered her head and pushed forward, each step hissing with agony as the wound in her leg reopened.

A firm hand landed on her shoulder exactly where a fresh cut had just opened, and she heard Daphne shout, "STUPEFY!" The Death Eater released her immediately.

They ended up splitting up along the way due to the attacks, zigzagging through rooms and fleeing through the corridors. But they didn't stop running, except for Draco, who quickly returned to her side, supporting one of her sides to help her run. Harry followed suit, replacing Daphne, and the four of them hurried away as fast as they could.

They reached the end of a mirrored corridor; Astria turned right, hearing footsteps close behind and Ron and Hermione's voices urging Neville on. Directly ahead, the door they had passed through earlier was slightly ajar.

She saw the shimmering light and leaped through the door, still holding the prophecy in her hand. The wind cut across her face as she fell into an apparent abyss.

"Aresto Momentum!" Hermione shouted, pointing a few meters from the ground, causing them all to freeze in mid-air for a second before landing safely, inches above the ground.

"Uh, I thought we were going to die," exclaimed Draco, breathless.

"Damn, your leg..." Daphne exclaimed with concern, approaching to examine the wound caused by the arrow; it looked absurdly worse.

"Where are the others?" Harry asked in panic, looking around. At that very moment, Ron appeared through the stairwell door, clumsily descending while helping Ginny and Luna.

His face was extremely pale, and something dark was running from the corner of his mouth. In the next instant, his knees gave way, but he continued to hold his sister.

"Ginny?" Harry said, anxious. "What happened?"

Ginny simply shook her head and slid down the wall to sit, panting and holding her ankle.

"It looks like she broke her ankle... I heard something crack," whispered Luna, bending down to examine the girl, the only one who seemed to be in reasonable condition. "Four of them chased us through a dark room full of planets; it was a very strange place, sometimes we just floated in the dark..."

"We need to get out of here," Astria declared impatiently, looking down the corridor. "There, quickly, pass through the door, I know a few tricks."

They ran toward the door at the end of the corridor, with Harry and Neville carrying Ginny, while Daphne and Draco supported Astria. They were all injured and exhausted, but they didn't stop running until they reached the end of the corridor.

Astria sealed the door with all the protective spells she knew, and soon loud crashes echoed, with Bellatrix forcing the handle.

"What do we do?" exclaimed Neville, his nose bleeding profusely as he looked in all directions.

"This way," Astria pointed to the door on the left, and they went out again, sealing each door they passed with protective spells.

Astria ran a few steps into the new room and felt the floor giving way beneath her feet... She was falling down the stone steps, bouncing on each level until finally, with an impact that took her breath away, she landed on her back in the pit where the stone arch stood, the same one they had found earlier.