Chapter 1

It's 5 o'clock. There is still an hour left for the strike. But the surroundings are already desolate. People have gone to their house. No one is gonna come out in the next few hours.

Namjoon closed his garage and stood up. There are usually lots of cars at that moment. But today is exceptional. Who knows why.

Looking at the darkness, everyone has started to think that the strike will begin just now. Even if it's not the time, it doesn't matter. Everyone is afraid to go out these days.

Namjoon noticed a boy while standing up. The boy is pretty tall, but not as tall as him. He is sweating but the tiredness hasn't affected his face and body at all. From the way of his walk, he seems to read every house number. He stopped instantly in front of Namjoon's garage.

"Do you want to go to Mr. Yongsun's house?"

The boy was surprised. But he didn't say anything.

Namjoon pointed at the road where the house is. He said in a low voice, "There is an iron gate. There are two coconut trees. Go fast. The strike is gonna start soon. Who knows, anyone can die, bomb blasts are not unusual too. It will start at 6'o clock."

Namjoon started walking. Didn't look back for a moment. But the boy kept looking at him. He is very tall. Almost running. Maybe his house is far. He has to reach before 6'o clock.

The boy starts walking. He stopped in front of the iron gate. Two coconut trees are leaned in. There are lots of coconuts in the trees. Maybe the trees are leaned in because of the weight of coconuts. It looks beautiful anyways.

The boy shouted, "Yongsun! Soo Yongsun!". His voice is sweet and soft yet expressive. His name is Kim Seokjin. He came here again after 6 months.

13th Jaunary. Saturday. It's election time again. There are lots of strikes and blockades. Lots of people are getting disturbed everyday. Day and night, everyday people take sides. The sabotage is not less too. Lots of people are getting killed. Lots of places are getting under fire. Too many road accidents. Bomb blasts are putting the town in destruction.

Seokjin is waiting outside of the gate. He came here alone, almost running. The police are chasing him. No, not because he has done any sabotage, but because his wife has given false accusations against him. He has lost his weight these days fighting against this case. His peaceful eyes are under his glasses. Wearing a baby blue Hawaii shirt.

He took out a tissue and wiped his sweat. He called Youngsun's name again.

Yongsun opened the door. He was surprised a bit. Is this the same person? He knew the boy was going to be new 30. But he seems like 26 or something like that.

"My name is Kim SeokJin", Seokjin introduced.

"Oh, yeah. How are you?"

"Good."

"You don't have anything with you?"

"No"

"Seriously?? Also why are you there? Come in."

Narae came outside at that moment too.

"The gate is closed. Open it.", Seokjin said.

"Oh yes!", Yongsun said and opened the gate with the key.

The key is with Narae. She gave the key to him.

"I lock the gate. I didn't used to. But I do. My house was about to be stolen two times."

Seokjin came into the living room. Yongsun felt like Seokjin didn't have any interest in anything. He sat on the couch but wasn't looking at anything.

However, Yongsun started talking about his life.
"I and Narae are living here as husband-wife for a few days. We didn't have any children. So Narae and I took two children from an orphanage. Later, fortunately we got two twins. But she never stopped her job. She keeps doing arts and sell them. When we are too busy, we send our children to my sister's house. She doesn't have any children. My children like to stay with my sister too."