Chapter 4

I'm gonna be very honest with you. I completely forgot about this book (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

|Narrator POV.|
[→Dream]

Dream let's out a drawn out exhausted sigh as he was currently walking back home late at night after a long shift, which was skeppy's fault.

On his way back home, he sees his parents's car parked outside their house which made dream internally panic but he kept his calm as he checks his time to see that it was near 10PM which confused him why his parents were suddenly home so early.

Dream felt that something was off as he quickly runs home as he could smell the familiar intoxicating scent of beer, booze and alcohol after entering the house which still surprises dream to this day that he hasn't gotten used to it or that his parents still haven't gotten their livers broken.

"Damn brat! You burnt the goddamn steak!"

Dream hears his father yell from the kitchen as he quickly ran to the kitchen to see his little sister being forced to cook by their drunk parents as his mother and father was angry at dream's little sister for accidentally burning the food when she's only 12.

"The first time we brought home actually good food, you managed to mess things up again!!"

Dream's mother screamed angrily at his little sister who was in the verge of crying as both siblings had never dared to cry in front of their parents as it would always make things worse for them.

"W-What-- what's going on?"

Dream spoke in confusion and panic as he quickly moves to his sister's side and held her close while looking at both of his parents in fear and anger but he was too afraid to show it.

"Your useless sister burnt the damn food! If it weren't for your mother, the house would've had gotten lit on fire!!"

His furious father angrily yelled, his face red and all of his wrinkles curled as to show his drunken anger while dream's little sister hides behind him to try and wipe away her tears as dream notices the burns on her forearms that were caused by hot oil.

"B-But she's only 12! Sh-she doesn't know any better!"

Dream spoke with a worried expression, trying to bring reason and talk it out with his angry parents but they were too drunk and angry to listen. Even if they weren't drunk, their pride would still keep them upset.

"Psh! I already knew how to cook at the age of 6! What a disgrace of a woman!"

Dream's mother retorted while drinking her bottle of booze while his father paced angrily around the room.

"And you! Where the fuck were you!? If it weren't for you coming home late, then we wouldn't have to make your idiot sister cook!"

Dream's father angrily yelled, his voice was always louder whenever he yelled at dream as he would always blame all of the mistakes at home on him.

[→With Techno]

"--But Roger! You're better than this! You can't just continue doing whatever your mother says!--"

The woman in the television spoke in tears while Techno watched with an interested expression as he had just been scrolling through channels to distract himself from the cute boy he saw at the cafe and he had somehow gotten himself invested in a random novela he found.

"Heh.. you tell him Alice..."

Techno mumbles with a smirk while eating some chips while he was slumped on his couch as he watches the series comfortably with a blanket.

"--I'm sorry Alice.. but you know that I must obey my mother...--"

The man named Roger spoke in tears while Techno rolled his eyes, 'If you really love her then just run away with her! It's not that hard.', Techno saltily thought as he continues to be submerged in a show that no one would ever thought of seeing him watch.

Techno continues to watch the series as he began to go into his own fantasy world in his head while watching the show, imagining himself in Roger's place just to prove to no one that he'd be a great partner if he will ever be in a relationship with someone.

As he thought more about it, his minds began to wander back to the dirty blonde boy he met at the cafe. His thoughts betrays him by imagining him in the place of Alice's which made the pinkette blush while groaning in annoyance.

Yet he couldn't help but feel a bubbling sense of happiness and excitement in his chest and butterflies in his stomach at the thought of him. His realization of the emotions he was feeling made him cringe at himself but he couldn't deny the sense of joy he feels whenever he remembers when he actually tried to socialize willingly.

"... I.. I should go to bed..." techno muttered softly as he gets up from the couch and turns the TV off before taking his blanket and went back to his bedroom while dragging the blanket along the tiled floor.

[→with Dream]

Dream was currently patching up his little sister's burns with bandages that he's his under his bed as he made sure to be gentle and careful.

"Does it still hurt?"

Dream gently spoke, his voice full of concern and worry while his sister quietly nods.

"It'll heal again soon.. I'm sorry for coming home late..."

Dream spoke with a sigh as he finishes patching up his little sister's wounds before going to hide the bandages back under his bed while the girl hesitates to speak.

".. where... where were you..?"

She quietly and sadly spoke while fidgeting nervously on her fingers as dream's face softens and went to sit beside her on the bed.

"My.. uh.. my boss made me stay longer... you know.. a night shift? Kinda like that..."

Dream spoke with a small smile as he places a comforting hand on her shoulder as she looks up at him sadly with tearful eyes.

"... th.. th-thats good.. I was w-worried you wouldn't.. you wouldn't come b-back home..."

The poor girl spoke, her voice shaking while she tried to hold back her tears as dream looks down at her in concern.

"Hey... hey don't cry..! Why would you think that..?"

Dream spoke, his heart wrenching in sadness and concern as he wraps his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close against him.

"I-it's that... W-What if.. you got in an accident and got hurt..? W-What if you ran away and left m-me alone...? Y-you won't leave me alone... R-Right..?"

She spoke, as she tries to maintain her composure but her voice betrays her to which she broke down crying on his chest which broke his heart.

"No.. no drista.. I-I.. I wouldn't do that..! I wouldn't leave you.. I'll always be here for you... don't think that.. even if I come home late or if I don't come home for a long time... just know that it wasn't because I left you. I would never leave you alone... just know that I will always come home.."

Dream sadly spoke, tears threatening to form in his eyes as he held his little sister in a warm right embrace as he tries to stay strong and not cry in front of his little sister. He would much rather not show weakness in front of her than to show weakness in front of his parents.

|End of Chapter 4...|

C: I was feeling angsty today :3