Chapter 14

Washington, DC. August 5th, 2015. 1200 Hours.

Sarah

"Do you have any idea where that file came from?" Frank asked boredly.

"Not a clue." Marvin answered frustratedly, "Every time I try to locate the origin of it, it scrambles my signal or does something else that screws me up."

"Have you tried more than one method?"

"He's tried every method I can think of." Victoria confirmed.

"This thing even tried to hack me once!" Marvin added, "Almost did it too! Whoever sent this file did not want to be found."

"So we're basically nowhere?" I checked.

"We do know that the bastard who sent this thing epically sucks." Marvin mentioned unhelpfully.

"Pretty much nowhere." Victoria replied.

I dropped a couch pillow onto my face, "Awesome."

I was startled into an upright position when we heard a knock on the door. Marvin and Frank nearly sprang out of their seats, guns already in hand. As they crept towards the door, I leaned towards Victoria and whispered, "I know it was, like, the '80s or something, but where was the logic in not putting a peephole in?"

She shrugged in response. The boys positioned themselves on each side of the door. Frank reached towards the handle and eased the door open just enough to see through the opening and aim the pistol if need be. He looked up confusedly, then opened the door all the way for us to see.

It was her: The girl from the explosion. She was dressed the same as yesterday; the only difference I saw was the lack of bandage on her arm. Her mouth was pulled up into a smirk as she stared with amused hazel eyes. Her hands were up in the stereotypical surrender position, a pistol in one hand and its bullet cartridge in the other.

"I come in peace." She said mockingly, "Just wanna talk."

"Yeah, sure." Marvin replied, "Didn't seem very talkative last time."

"Actually, she did shout a lot of profanity." I commented.

The girl snorted, "Pat me down, wave a wand, do what you need to do. Fact of the matter is you either talk to me or die. Up to you, really."

Frank considered it for a moment, then holstered his gun. With Marvin still armed, Frank patted her down, then took the gun and cartridge from the girl and set them on a table to the side. She stepped into the room as Marvin shut the door behind her. "Haven't updated this flat since the '80s, have you?"

"You said you wanted to talk." Victoria stated coldly (It's almost as if the interior designer in her was offended).