Raven

!Scene done from memory!

The next morning came and the Vietnam war was officially coming to an end... a huge gathering of people... including Trask.

"Will she definitely be there?" You ask in the car. Wiggling your feet to Erik's delight.

"I'm sure..." was all Charles replied with. And you chose to trust his judgement. He wasn't usually wrong.

You watched as Erik knocked two guards to the side and opened the barrier while Logan drove through like it was nothing. Twitching and struggling to remain still in anticipation. You all got out the car and you had to quickly compose yourself and follow as everyone began to speed through the building. Your heart racing. A million thoughts swirling your mind that you tried to release but held back. Now wasn't the time!

"In there!" One of the men said. You couldn't tell who over the noise coming from the room he was referring to. You braved yourself as the doors were flung open and your first sight was Raven being tazed. She was laying on the table twitching and groaning in pain. You slapped a hand over your mouth to stop yourself from crying out in shock. Charles ran over to her and started assuring her. As Erik used his mutation to pull the wires from her skin.

"Charles? Y/n?"

"R-Raven..." it wasn't much comfort... but it was all you could muster in the moment. Charles continued to speak.

"We've come for you... Erik, Y/n and I... together!" She smiled softly before the gun next to her head moved. It fell swiftly into the expert hand of Erik.

"Erik?" Raven got up.

"Erik what are you doing???" Charles stood protectively in front of Raven. Erik's calm demeanour never faltered as he spoke with an even voice.

"Securing our future"

"Stop him Charles! Use your power!"

"He can't..." Erik fired the gun, Raven ran and jumped out the window. The sound of the gunshot sent a painful ring through your ears. You called out in pain and shrank back, but only for a moment.

"Raven!" You ran after her and jumped out the window too...

Now what? You didn't plan this...

But the breeze... the fall... for a second you were sent back a decade... you heard the calls of your name, just like when you were 15. Once again you were falling. But this time you were falling with a purpose... falling to help someone you care deeply about.

You hit the ground with a thump.

"Raven?"

The crowd stared. They took pictures and all talked over each other. Conversations were overlapping and cameras were flashing. You shook your head and tried to regulate yourself. Unmask...

You allowed yourself a gentle flap by your sides before Erik came by your side. He noticed your stimming.

"Well done..."

"What The hell Are You Doing??? We didn't plan this!" His face changed at your sudden hostility.

"I'm doing what I need to ensure she won't kill Trask,"

"Erik stop it!!!" Before you could speak again Hank had leaped from the window, he grabbed Erik and began beating him up in a fountain. While they were occupied you looked for Raven again. "Raven?! Raven?!" Your voice grew desperate. Your senses grew overloaded. You began shaking. "RAVEN!" You stepped back, back and back again until your back was against a wall. Everyone was running loose now. You slid down the wall until you were curled up. You covered your ears and placed your head between your knees. You began to whisper to yourself. "I want it to stop... I want it to stop... I want it to stop..."

"Y/n! We need to go!" Charles grabbed you and dragged you away from the scene.

On the plane home, no one spoke. Hank piloted, Charles stared out the window, Logan read a newspaper and you read your book. For a moment you put the book down and joined Charles in gazing through the window.

Flying... falling with a purpose... it was just as scary. But it felt better.

"What were you thinking jumping after her?" Charles' voice was seemingly harsh. He seemed angry.

"I... my brain just... I just... did..." Charles rolled his eyes and went silent again. It was Logan who spoke next.

"Trust me Y/n... that gut instinct is gonna save you in a lot of situations..." you smiled a little, feeling a sense of pride in your strange little sixth sense.

"The future isn't guaranteed because you say it is... I'm trying not to get them killed!" No one replied to him. Serves him right, you thought.

No one spoke then until you walked in the door of the mansion...

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I haven't touched this book in so long, I haven't been able to update any books in ages due to a variety of reasons.

I hope this update is okay and hopefully I can try to balance my writing habits with the rest of life's demands!

Thank you all for being so patient!

Daisy!!! X