Cheer Up

Naya's p.o.v.

"Heya little bug what's got you so sad?" A deep voice asked behind me and I turned my head to see a large spider animatronic wearing sunglasses and headphones. I whimpered intimidated by his size and he lowered his body all the way to the ground so he was laying down.

"Hey now there's no need to be afraid little bug, I won't hurt you I promise. What's your name?" He asked and I slowly turned to face him. He was massive but didn't seem so scary now that I got a better look at him. He honestly looked kinda goofy and it made me smile a little. He seemed to notice my change because he held out one of his hands for me to climb onto and I looked back at the way I came for a moment before slowly climbing into his hand.

"My name is Naya. Who are you mister?" I asked and he sat up lifting me up as well.

"I'm DJ Music Man but you can just call me DJ, how's that sound little bug?" He asked and I nodded agreeing with him.

"Now what's got you all upset?" He asked setting me down on his set up before fiddling with some of the knobs.

"Everyone is fighting because of me again." I answered looking down and he turned his attention back to me.

"Why do you think it's because of you kiddo?"

"Because whenever I'm around people fight. My mommy and daddy always fought and now Moon and Monty are fighting. It's all my fault like always. I've even heard Moon fight with Sun before. I'm no good." I explained and DJ laughed.

"It's not your fault little bug. Those two are always at each others throats, that's nothing new. As for Moon arguing with Sunny, there's a whole bunch of reasons they could be arguing that started way before you got here. You're not bad kiddo, you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time." DJ assured but I wasn't sure I believed him. He must've realized that because he turned his attention to me and smiled.

'What still don't believe me?" He asked and I shrugged not sure what to say.

"If I'm not bad then why did my mommy and daddy always fight?" I asked looking up at him and he put a hand to his chin in thought.

"Well sometimes when people are together they aren't very happy. When people aren't happy then they fight. It doesn't matter what or who it's about, they'll just fight. Even if it was about you, there's no need to worry yourself over it. Everything will work out in the end." He said and ruffled my hair with one of his fingers making me laugh.

"Now what do you say we turn that frown upside down. Wanna jam with me kiddo?" He asked as he began playing music and I nodded excited as he pulled out a small drum for me to play with as he began playing.

Moon's p.o.v.

"Naya?! Naya!? Starlight where are you!? Please come out I'm sorry!" I called searching frantically for Naya. I hadn't meant to scare her but that damn gator got on my nerves. What did he know about Naya's situation to be making a call like that?

"Sunshine please come out! We won't be mad at you we promise!" Sun called but we still didn't get a response and I began gritting my teeth in worry. I knew I screwed up and I had to fix it as soon as possible.

"Where could she be Moon? She isn't with Chica or Roxy and she didn't head back to the daycare." Sun asked and I frowned knowing he was panicking which only made it harder for me to concentrate.

"I don't know Sun."

"We have to find her! What if she's hurt!? What if Vannessa found her!? Oh where could she be?" He rambled and I finally lost it.

"I DON'T KNOW! I-I don't know Sun. I'm worried just like you and I know this is all my fault. I promise I will make this up to her one way or another. I just have to figure out how." I said and stopped when I spotted something on the ground. I ran to it to find it was Naya's plushies of us and I gripped them tight afraid of what these being here meant.

Without thinking, I continued in the direction I found her stuffies but still caught no sign of her and I was starting to lose hope that I would find her before Vannessa did. I didn't know what I would do if she found out Naya was still here. My thoughts were interrupted by loud music playing nearby and I looked in the direction it came from to see colorful lights flashing from it's direction. Without any other leads, I made my way over to the sound becoming fully aware I was heading into DJ Music Man's territory.

Once close enough, I peeked around the corner to see DJ at his stage playing music which wasn't out of the usual for him. What was different however was that he seemed to be distracted by something beside him and as I looked closer my eyes widened.

"NAYA!" I shouted and the music screeched to a stop as both of them turned to look at me. I ran over to Naya and stretched my arms out to wrap around her and pull her to me. She seemed stunned for a moment as I held her close to me before slowly hugging me back as I nuzzled my face against the top of her head.

"I'm so so sorry Starlight! I didn't mean to scare you like that." I apologized and to my surprise she giggled a bit. I looked down at her confused and she smiled up at me as she kissed my cheek.

"It's okay Moon. I understand and I'm not afraid anymore!" She assured and hugged me again. I couldn't think of what to do so I looked up at DJ but he just smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled softly back as I turned to take Naya back to the daycare. That was until she began to squirm in my arms and broke free before running over to DJ and hugging one of his fingers while smiling up at him.

"Thank you DJ. I hope we can play again someday."

"Aww I hope we can play together again too little bug. Just remember what I said alright" He said and ruffled her hair making her laugh before gently nudging her back to me.

"Thank you DJ." I thanked while picking Naya up and he nodded.

"Anytime Moon." He waved goodbye and I looked down at Naya in my arms.

"Come on Starlight, let's go home."