4: Gear Up

Morning:
As the new students woke up to start their day, one highly energetic girl dressed in pink was especially excited for today as she spent her morning chatting nonstop with her friend who for the most part remained quiet. Once the students got up and had their breakfast in the cafeteria, everyone was required to make their way to the locker rooms for their combat gear.

Marilyn: After putting away her street clothes she dawned her combat dress which resembled that of a battle maid's attire. It was a black and white outfit with red ribbon accessories attached to glass crystals. On her hands were metal wires stringed to bulky armor claws which rested in their standby position on the back of Marilyn's hands. And each claw was outfitted with a dust chamber containing two different types of dust, fire and lightning. Her hair was no longer in a loose state either but tied up in two twin tails that down the sides of her neck. After she was done getting ready she was approached by a familiar friend.

Darrian: "I still don't see how that outfit's functional." He said in a deep baritone voice. Darrion was a Faunus with the features of a bull including long horns, massive muscles and a tail. He stood about 8ft tall with deep red eyes and soft grey skin along with jet black hair. Darrion wore a non sleeve outfit with bronze armor and his weapon was a giant two handed double bladed brass axe.

Marilyn: She looked over to her friend as she placed a hand on her dress. "Oh believe me, this is highly functional." She said with pride. " Plus it isn't just good in combat but it's a great fashion statement for a lady like me." She said raising her head up in pride.

???: "Maybe in an earlier era, but not in today's day and age Marilyn." A Faunus girl with deer like features said.

Marilyn: "Wendy you're supposed to back me up!" She said looking to her other friend.

Wendy: "Am I?" She asked tilting her head. Wendy was dressed in a dark blue open leg acrobatic dress with a belt holding her weapons that rested on her hips. Her hair was also a dark shade of blue which matched her eyes, and her skin was a shade of soft brown. Her deer like features included large antlers, ears and a fluffy tail. Wendy was considerably shorter than her friends as she only stood 5ft and 2 inches tall. . Her weapon of choice looked to be a set of dust infused chakrams with a handle attached to the center of each one. "I don't recall being told to 'back you up' prior to now."

Marilyn: "That's not the point!"

Darrian: "By the way." He said looking over towards Jaune who's struggling to find his locker again. "That boy you were with last night, he a friend of yours?"

Marilyn: "Who? Blood boy? Oh yeah, 'best friends', we went to the same schools together for a while."

Wendy: "You like him?" Wendy asked bluntly and with little emotion.

Marilyn: "Define 'like'." She said playfully.

Pyrrha: Whilst getting all her gear in order Pyrrha noticed Weiss come to her as they initiated in a conversation with Weiss asking about a potential team up with other students. "I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I was planning to leave it up to luck today."

Weiss: "Well how about you and I team up? I'm sure the two of us would make a strong duo."

Pyrrha: "Well, that sounds great." After that reply Weiss seemed to internally monologue to a point she wasn't able to notice Jaune coming up behind them.

Jaune: "What sounds great?" He asked looking at Pyrrha.

Weiss: "Um...excuse me, who are?"