1: Bloody death

Jaune (5 year old) POV:

Jaune wasn't that big, tall or strong yet, but he wanted to get better as soon as possible, so he snuck out of the house with everyone asleep and made his way to a secluded spot away from the house. With him he brought a wooden sword and a shield his size. for the next few minutes Jaune swung his sword rapidly trying to make his arms faster while keeping his shield up to increase his strength.

Back in the house Saphron (Jaune's eldest sister) woke up with the urge to pee as she quietly made her way to the bathroom. Once she was done and was back in the room, she noticed one of her siblings was missing from their bed. In a brief moment Saphron was immensely scarred as she made her way around the house to find Jaune. when she didn't find him in the kitchen, or the living room Saphron rushed outside and saw the young boy in the middle of training only to stop mid swing. In an instant Jaune had dropped his sword and let go of his shield while he began to cough violently. Seeing this, Saphron ran to her little brother as fast as she could.

Jaune's strength left him as he fell down with an intense pain in his chest and limbs. Jaune coughed in pain as blood started to come up in spurts.

Saphron: "Jaune! Stay still, lay on your side." Saphron then rushed over to Jaune as she helped him try to stop the intense coughing. "Dammit, why didn't you listen to dad?"

Jaune was turned to his side as blood trickled out his lips. He didn't want to believe what the doctors said, he couldn't. How could he live up to his name if he can't even fight now as a boy?

Earlier that day:

Doctor: "Okay Mr. Arc, we've gotten the results back and I'm sorry to say this, but your son has Aura decay." The doctor then handed Nicolas Arc (Jaune's father) detailed papers.

Nicolas: "What?" Nicolas was shocked as he looked down to his son who was nothing but curious at the term. In a slight panic Nicolas flipped through the papers knowing full well what this would mean. "That can't be right, please tell me it isn't."

Doctor: "I'm afraid so, as I'm sure you're aware, Aura Rot is extremely rare only able to manifest itself in people with unnaturally high aura output. And your son Jaune here has three times the output of a normal boy."

Nicolas: After putting the papers down, he then looked back up the doctor. "Is there a way to cure him?"

Doctor: He shook his head, "I'm afraid there isn't much knowledge on this disease due to it being so rare. What we do know is that over time his aura output will continue to put a strain on his body causing him to feel intense fatigue, muscular cramps, loss of breath, bodily pains and even lung rupturing. These effects will worsen even more so if he ever gets into intense fights or overexerts his aura and semblance."

A look of pain and horror spread on Nicolas' face before he looked down at his boy. Jaune didn't know better at the time so he just smiled at his dad while Nicolas could only give him an emotion of sadness.

"If I were you, I'd focus on giving your boy a happy life, because as best we can determine he won't even live past his thirties."

Later that day Nicolas broke the news to his family, everyone was horrified of thinking Jaune would die someday soon. Jaune's sisters looked at him with tears in their eyes as one by one they came up to group hug him causing him to blush in embarrassment. Jaune still didn't fully understand why everyone was so sad until his father told him flat out, he couldn't be the hero he wanted to be.

Back to midnight:

Saphron: "Jaune please, please stay calm you can't die yet, not now!"

Jaune: "I *cough* won't *cough* *cough* I still *cough* want to be *cough* *cough* a hero." Jaune then turned on his stomach trying to fight the urge to cough up more blood while grabbing the toy sword with intensity.