Chapter 1

Living on Amity Island was normally uneventful and peaceful. Samantha had moved here a few years before her brother and his family did and she loved it.

It was a small summer town where everyone knew everyone. It did have its down sides of course. Like if summer didn't make good money then winter was hell. But overall she was happy.

That is until a girl was killed. Samantha knew what did it. So did her brother, Martin. She wasn't dumb. No she knew just by the way Martin described her body.

Now she was sitting in Quints shop, helping him cure shark jaws.

"I here Brody can't get Vaughn to agree with him." Quint looked up at Samantha, raising his eyebrow.

She shook her head. "Nope. He can't." She sighed. "He'll understand when someone else gets eaten."

Quint laughed. "Sam, you give the man too much credit. It'll take at least three more deaths before he comes to his senses."

Samantha groaned. "We're not gonna make it through the winter." She laughed dryly.

He shook his head. "People like you and me will. We know how to make it on our own." He took off his gloves. "Let's have a drink."

"That's the smartest thing you've said all day." Samantha nodded, taking her gloves off as well.

Sam sat down at a small round table and watched as Quint poured them both a tall glass. "Whiskey." He stated simply, sliding it across to her.

She grinned, putting it to her lips and taking a long drink. She let the burning sensation warm her body, shivering slightly as it rolled down her throat.

"That's good." She mumbled, setting her glass back down. She propped her feet up on the table, leaning back.

"How's work been?" Quint asked, mimicking her position.

She nodded. "It's been really good." She sighed. "We just tagged a huge White."

Quint hummed. "I'd rather catch 'em but whatever suits you." He chuckled.

Samantha rolled her eyes. "You plan on taking me out fishing anytime soon? We've only been once this summer."

Quint laughed. "Just say the word and I'll get the Orca ready." He nodded behind him where his boat sat in the dock.

She smiled. "Saturday?" She raised an eyebrow.

He stood up, shaking his head as he chuckled. "Saturday it is then." He said, walking behind her.

She reached up and took his hat off of his head, placing it on her own. "Aye Aye Cap'n."

Quint laughed. "You know it's dangerous taking a man's cap away from him like that."

"Yeah but you're old. Plus it's me so." She shrugged, offering him a sly grin. He just scoffed, shaking his head.

Samantha and Quint were close. Very close at that. She looked up to him like a father figure. Her and Martins father had never really been there so when she came to Amity, she really clicked with Quint.

She spent most of her weekends with him, helping around the shop or out in town with him. Every once in a while they would plan a whole weekend where they would stay on the Orca and do nothing but fish and drink.

The landline that sat on a table in Quints shop began to ring. Samantha picked it up, answering the phone for him.

"Quints." She said into the phone.

"Sam, it's Martin. I need you to get down the to the house." He went quiet.

"Is everything ok?" She asked.

He sighed. "There's been another attack."

Samantha sucked in a breath. "Who?"

"Alex Kintner."

"Shit."

Samantha hung up the phone and grabbed her bag. "You off?" Quint questioned.

"Yeah." She said hurriedly. "A little boy was just attacked."

Quint nodded. "Well you better hurry." He said as she gave him and quick kiss on the cheek.

"Bye!" She yelled back, running out of the door.

Quint poured the remaining whiskey from her glass into his own. "Damn." He mumbled, realizing his hat didn't sit on his own head.

He went to the door, calling after her. "You've still got my hat!" He yelled.

She didn't hear him as she was practically sprinting away. "That girl." Quint sighed, shaking his head. "She'll be the death of me."

Samantha reached her brothers house, sweaty and out of breath. When she got there Martin was sitting on the couch, Ellen leant against his arm crying.

"Oh God." She breathed, sitting beside Ellen and pulling her into a hug. "He didn't make it did he?" She asked Martin.

He shook his head. "There weren't even any remains left."

Samantha grimaced. "His mother... she must be-."

"Absolutely devastated." Ellen cut her off. "Martin you've got to do something. You've got to get Larry to do something." She said, turning to her husband. "That can't be one of my little boys."

Martin nodded. "I've already called someone from the... hell i don't know what it's called." He looked at Samantha. "He's you're  kind of guy. He works with sharks and stuff like that."

Samantha nodded. "What's his name?