Wanted posters

Y/N's pov:

Throughout the way here, I noticed that Merlin's body had changed, like it was slimmer, and he was taller. Something is going on with him, I wonder what it is?

Merlin got off the bunny and held a hand out towards me. I grabbed it and he gently pulled me off. "Thank you."

We started walking around to find them. After a couple of minutes, we saw Arthur but no Snow. "Red Shoes! Where has she gone?" We heard him say. I got worried as she never really runs off on her own.

"Where's Red Shoes?" Merlin asked him as he leaned against Long ears. (He finally told me the bunny's name). "That's what I'd like to know." He replied back.

"Wait a minute." He finally realised we were here. "Who said you could leave your post?" He asked us, mostly Merlin. "We're just walking the bunny." He answered smartly.

Arthur walked past him and tried to bump his shoulder, he failed and almost fell. I held in my laugh as I turned back to Merlin. "I'm gonna go find Red. It'll be easier if we split up."

He seemed a bit sad at that but his smile returned and he nodded. I walked off in a different direction Arthur had gone. The shops here were nice, I had been here a couple of times the past year, mostly to buy birthday gifts for people.

So far nothing. I walked past an alley and heard some chatter. Me being the nosy person I am I decided to look. I saw a bunch of guards circling something, and a familiar voice met my ears as well. Snow?! In her normal form? Where are her shoes?

What the hell are these guards doing to her? "Hey!" I shouted entering the alley, my hands in my jacket pocket, trying to act intimidating. They turn to me and one of them speaks up, "Hey look it's the wanted princess Y/N L/N." Wanted? What on Earth is he talking about?

Something else that one of the guards was holding had caught my eye, it was the shoes. I figured out what the situation was and held my hand out. "Give me my friend's shoes and maybe we can forget all of this, or, you're gonna wake up confused with us not here." I ordered.

They started laughing and the middle one, which I'm guessing is the main one spoke, "Yeah, no. What we're gonna do is take you and your little friend, when we find her, back to-" I didn't give him time to finish as I shot a stun spell at him, knocking him out.

"Warned you." I told him. The rest pointed their spears at me, "Hands in the air now!" One shouted. "Ok." I raised my hands up and as they came closer I stunned them all. "Maybe next time guys." I said aloud as the last one hit the ground.

I levitated the shoes over to Snow and she grabbed them smiling at me. "Your red shoes madam." I playfully bowed like a prince would. She played along as well and curtsied back. "Oh well thank you Sir L/N."

We both laughed as she placed the shoes back on her feet. "Hey, what was that guy on about, us being wanted?" I asked her. "Oh, that. Um, Regina has put up wanted posters of us." She told me. 'Oh sh-' "Right, well we're just gonna have to be more careful now." I suggested.

She transformed back into Red Shoes and I walked out the alley first. I saw that the guys were near the alley. "Guys!" I shouted to them. Then I noticed more guards in front of them. "Snow run." I told her as she was about to come out.

"Why?" She asked looking round the corner of the building. "Just go I'll be right behind you." We both ran as I was behind her, making sure nothing happened to her. As long as we don't get cau- "Red Shoes! Y/N!" God sake...

I looked back to see the two guards running past the dwarfs, chasing us. "Snow go into that shop and wait for the others now." I pointed to a random building. She did just that.

The good news: They didn't see her.
The bad news: I'm still being chased.

I carried on running hoping I would lose them. All of a sudden I felt myself being pulled on to something. "Hold on!" I heard Merlin's voice. We were back on Long Ears as he led us out of town.

————

Long ears had brought us to a cliff that was overlooking a field full of purple flowers. We got off and he laid down, breathing heavily as if he had just run a marathon. "Well, now we know how fast a bunny can hop in a pinch." Merlin said as we watched it trying to catch its breath.

"Thanks for the help, Merlin." I thanked him, once again. "A pleasure my lady." He raised his hands whilst smirking. "But I also did it for us. By the way, what is this?" He asked pulling a wanted poster with both me and Snow on.

'Oh god.' I mentally groaned.

"Gosh, it sounds silly but, it's Reds shoes. They're magical." I told him. "I know they're fabulous. But why are they after you?" What? Did he not understand that?

"No her shoes. They're actually made of magic." Before I could continue, I heard Snow's voice as she called out my name. She and Arthur had joined us as he pulled out another poster.

"Are you two criminals?" He asked. "No, of course not." She replied. He sighed in relief, "I knew people this pretty couldn't possibly be criminals."

Ok...

I brushed it off though, "We should head out now, there could be more guards around any minute." I suggested. We both began to walk as we heard Arthur say, "Don't worry about them. I've got these bad boys."

I noticed the sadness on her face. "This is gonna make it so much harder to find my dad." I wrapped my arm around her shoulders trying to comfort her.

"I have an idea!" We heard Merlin. He got onto the field and started running around it. The petals from the flowers that he had run into were knocked off and started floating upwards due to the wind caused by his running.

They came towards us as I held out my hands to try and catch them. He looked really cute running around in the field. 'Y/N you gotta stop, what is going on with you?' When I looked back at the field, I saw that he had drawn a bigger version of Snow's poster.

"Ta-da!" He shouted as he turned back around. Wow! This is amazing, it's so sweet as well! He walked back to us, covered in petals. "What do you think?" He asked Snow after removing a few petals.

She walked closer to him and said that it was amazing and thanked him. She went down to his level and started to lean in closer to him. And so did he. I felt something twinge inside of me, like...jealousy. No, I can't be jealous. To be jealous, I had to have feelings. And I don't have feelings for Merlin...Right?

Thankfully, she was only leaning in to blow the few petals of his face. I looked away so I could smile in relief without being caught. "You had a thing on your cheek." She said awkwardly.

"Alright let's go!" She walked away, Arthur following after her, not without doing the 'I'm watching you' signal at him. I went to join them but I turned back round to see Merlin still staring at Red Shoes.

That twinge in my heart came back as I watched him still staring at her. He finally saw me and his face changed, "You coming?" I asked. He nodded and I turned around to catch up with the others.