|3|

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

Seungmin's POV:

I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing. I quickly sat up and squinted my eyes while looking around the dim-lit room to figure out where the sounds were coming from. The wall clock's timing read 2:07 AM.

In our dorm, we got two bunk beds. Me and Innie share one while Lixie and Jinnie share theirs. I sleep on the lower bunk, Lix too. Innie and Jinnie on the top ones.

As I shift my gaze to Lix's bunk, I noticed that his side was the source of the heavy breaths. On paying closer attention, low growls and groans could be heard. Soon, words poured out. The kind of phrases which I wish I hadn't heard.

"Mm, Yes!! That's right! So good. Hmm! Ah yes, Keep going!!"

I'm out.

I slowly stepped out of my covers and tip-toed my way out of the dorm room. The hallways were still lit by the bulbs. I moved towards the lawn and found a bench to land my butt on.

I can't process what I just discovered. Please, I knew Lixie was not that innocent but this is much worse than I thought. Right in front of my salad, really?

I stared at the green grass below my feet and let my mind wonder to somewhere else. The senses of that one afternoon flashed back in my mind.

It is not too long ago, but it does make me long to go back to that day again. I wanted to see the person's face so bad. Instead, I just froze on the spot in front of the entrance of the music room.

I could tell it was a guy from his voice. He was playing a guitar and he even hit some impressively high notes.

Damn. I think I should really join the music club. But I prefer singing alone, I could never sing properly in front of people.

It dates back to eight years ago, when I was only eleven. I had miserably failed in a national-level singing contest, embarrassing myself in front of thousands of people. This fear of failing has consumed me to the point that I have lost all of my self-confidence. Only if I had someone to help me out...

"Dude! You almost scared me there! Do you even know what time it is?" I turned around to look into a pair of familiar eyes in the dark. Why is Han here?

"Yeah, I know what time it is. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same for you." He sassed back.

"I asked first."

"Ugh, screw it." He moved from the back of the bench to sit on the other side of it. "I was just wondering why such a goody-two-shoes like you would sneak out of the dorms at the gloom of night."

"Why do you even care?"

"Oh, trust me, I don't. I was just curious."

I rolled my eyes at him and looked up at the moonlit sky. It felt calming to look at the bright stars when the sky was clear and dark... only if this wannabe-goth guy was not humming some explicit rap song while sitting next to me. Of course, the bench had to be small and the only one in the whole garden.

"Could you stop that?" No reply. I looked at him from the corner of my eye to notice that his earphones were plugged in.

I looked at the time, 3:54 AM. I thought it would be best if I head back to the dorms so as to not raise any suspicions or get caught.

I stood up from the bench and lifted my feet to walk until I felt a tug on my jacket.

"Don't go back yet, we will return together."

___

Minho's POV:

My alarm rang. I woke up. Brushed my teeth. Got dressed. Went out for my daily morning jog. Just the usual, until he showed up at the park and decided to become blind, out of nowhere, and bump into me.

He hates exercising and waking up early, has the sun risen in the west today, or what?

"Shit! Watch where you're going! Are four eyes not enough for you?"
Now he's yelling at me..?

"As if you aren't four-eyed too." I rolled my eyes at him and started walking away.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going? I'm not done with you." He shouted.

"You don't make the rules. And for your information, you are the one who collided with me and ruined my peaceful jog."

The look on his face was indescribable. Not-so-little, pretty boy here probably isn't used to this. Maybe I should teach him.

"Oh fuck you!" He bawled.
What's up with all the swearing?

"Don't ruin my mood early in the morning."

"You're the one ruining my mood!" He spat.

"When is your mood not ruined?"

"When I don't see your face. Your presence alone is enough to ruin my mood."

"Oh. Wait until I ruin you in other ways too." I replied with a smirk.

His face turned visibly red--not sure if out of rage or something else--and went speechless for a while before blurting out more offensive words at me.

I just walked away, feeling triumphant.

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘