|1|

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

Hyunjin's POV:

"Good morning to all my lovely students. I hope everybody works hard this semester so it goes well for you all. Wishing you all the very best..."

I yawned as I could barely keep my eyes open. Gosh, I hate morning assemblies.

I looked at my best friend, Felix, from the corner of my eye to see him winking at Changbin. Ugh, that couple. He winked back. What could be grosser than flirting in the middle of a whole hall full of students?

I switched my vision to the other side and saw my other best bro, Seungmin. He is paying attention to the principal? Boring. Beside him stood my other bestie, Jeongin. He was picking at his nails.

I yawned again. I'll fall asleep on the hall's floor at this rate. I blinked my eyes to regain my vision and it fell on the perfectly combed strands of brown hair in front of me. I know exactly who they belong to. I scowled at his back and roamed my eyes around the hall for a bit longer before I heard the principal wrap up with his speech.

"Good morning, students. Hope you have a productive day ahead." He wished.

"Good morning and thank you, sir." Everybody wished back, dragging their words like pre-schoolers. As it is said, old habits die hard.

All the students turned around and started moving in queues to move up to the canteen to have breakfast. That's when the brunet turned around. He looks sleepy too, didn't expect that from him but whatever. I shifted my gaze and started lazily walking.

This is a boarding school, by the way. I get to return home only thrice a year, not that I hate it here but still. My friends are all here and this school is one of the best in the country, JYPS. We get pretty good facilities here. I share a room with my three closest friends, the ones whose names were just mentioned by me. I totally did not plead the principal for putting us four together.

"Come on, wake up already!" It was Felix. Man, how can someone manage to look like a whole ass ray of sunshine and also have the same energy as the sun at fricking seven o' clock in the morning? I have absolutely no idea.

"Jinnie, did you stay up last night again?" I heard Jeongin ask me.

"Stay up? Me? Oh, no. Not at all." I waved him off.

"Liar. I saw you sitting on your bed at three." Seungmin deadpanned from nowhere.

"I am hungry! Let's get going." I said, changing the topic.

They all nodded and we stepped into the canteen. We stood in the queue to order our breakfasts.

"An iced americano and a hamburger with extra fries." I placed my order.

"One iced americano and hamburger with extra fries coming right up!" The woman at the desk said, earning herself a slight nod from me.

I looked over to my friends who had already been seated with their respective breakfast trays and were waiting for me.

I noticed Lix going over to Changbin's table where him and his friends were seated and rolled my eyes at him.

"Here's your order, young man." The woman spoke, making me snap my head at her and take the tray.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile and walked towards my two friends who are actually interested in eating their breakfast instead of making out with their lovers all the fricking time.

I sat next to Innie and offered him some of my fries. He gave me a big smile which showed his dimples and ate a fry from my hand. He's literally the cutest, I wanna protect him all the time.

I found Minnie glaring at me. I chuckled and gave him a fry too, making him scowl but take it anyway.

"Guys!" We turned to look at our yellow chick. "Can we all sit together?" He asked while pointing at his boyfriend and the other dumbasses sitting at the same table. Now, I don't have anything against all of them, but there's only one among them who makes my blood boil.

That one brunet, Lee Minho.

I didn't realize that I was staring at him until he stared back at me. His face was expressionless, as usual. He has this cold beauty aura around him all the time. I have heard tales about many people crushing on him but nobody dares to do anything about their feelings. I recall him brutally rejecting a girl, not long ago. He did not even give the girl a second glance. His friends, who are also in the same dorm room as him, are the only people he likes to hang out with.

"Why not? Tell them to come over to this table. It'll be fun!" I heard Innie, beside me, say.

"What?! No-" Minnie whisper-yelled at him.

"Great! I'll call them." Felix skipped over to the other table without wasting another moment.

Wait, so they will be sitting right here, in this same table as us? Shit!

___

Jisung's POV:

"Do you all want to sit together with us?" I looked up to see Felix talking while fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

I noticed Changbin giving questioning glances to Chan while Minho, who was immersed in consuming his food, snapped his head up.

"Sure! Why not! Let's go over to their table." Chan immediately got up from the bench with his tray and stood beside Felix.

Changbin nodded and went over to his boyfriend too, while Minho and I were still confused. Chan noticed and spoke, "Come on, guys, it'll be nice knowing our schoolmates."

I have never been good with new people. Chan, Minho and Changbin are my childhood friends, I've known them for as long as I can recall. They are the only reason I agreed to join this boarding school.

"You both go, me and Sung are going to stay here." I swear, Minho can read me so well. He understood my expression and insisted that we both can stay here. I gave him a small yet grateful smile.

Felix frowned a little before smiling and nodding. "Alright. Binnie and Chan, follow me!"

They both waved at us and turned for the other table. I could see them already being joyful and comfortable with the others. I shifted my gaze back to my bowl of ramen and slurped my food.

Not long after that, I felt stares on me. I turned my head slightly to see two of Felix's friends looking at my direction.

Hwang Hyunjin, I knew his name because he is quite popular among both students and teachers, and almost everybody seems to be head over heels for him. His eyes weren't fixed at me though. I followed his murderous gaze. It was on Minho, who was completely unaware of it, chomping on his second-last piece of sushi.

About the other guy, I don't really know his name. It was Kim... something? All I remember is the Chemistry teacher talking about being as hard-working as him. He was definitely staring daggers at me, I'm sure of it, I've checked more than five times already. What's up with him?

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘