Chapter 14

The dark muscular wolf who spoke leans over me as I turn, propping his hand on the wall behind my head, his body acting as a shield from the crowds. He smells a little like an Alpha, the stench of power is definitely there beneath the god-awful stink of his over-powering aftershave, but he doesn't have the same aura of dominance. Maybe the son of an Alpha in that case? Power without the experience of it is the general feeling I'm getting from him. But if that's the case, he's likely feeling some part of the mating bond pull.

"Who's that you were talking to?" The deep voice sounds mildly irritated that I've made him repeat his question, not one who's used to being kept waiting I assume. Yet I don't really care, enjoying the feel of those delicious reverberations running through me as he practically growls the words. He's not even touching me yet, even though his stance is invading my personal space, but it's as if he's taunting me with the distance, waiting for me to snap and show vulnerability by making that last move in order to close the remaining distance. I'll admit, it's sort of working. In a very weird way. But I can definitely feel that urge to lean into the heat of his embrace. Not fully into his arms, but just a slight shift towards him, not quite touching, just to increase the tension. Yet I can't bring myself to give him the satisfaction.

"Just some guy... he's kind of cute don't you think?" I get a grunt in response as his eyes take in the boy's coat that I'm still wearing, and then slowly appraise my body. He definitely sighs slightly as he takes in the curve of my boobs, but then, like a gentleman, he brings his eyes back to my face.

"I think you're way above his league." I raise my eyebrows at his comment.

"I would love to believe you, but I don't see anyone else lining up to dance with me." He can't come up with a response quickly enough so I plough on, feeling incredibly cocky as I taunt him.

"Anyway, sometimes a girl just needs a good... Distraction." I smirk slightly as I say it, feeling dirty just talking to him like this. It's definitely all in my imagination, but his eyes seem to darken at my words, a slightly ferocious glint tinging his features. Just at that moment, cute boy reappears at his shoulder with our drinks.

"Hi!" His words appear friendly, but I can see the uncertainty as he looks between the more dominant wolf and me, trapped behind his bulk. In response, the dark wolf simply grunts, raising his eyebrow in incredulity and walks off, presumably gone to find another distraction in the form of... a leggy blonde I note humorously as I watch where his attention has wavered to.

I take the proffered drink as cute boy starts up again, finding another subject to continuously talk about. At this point I'm not even sure where he's finding the topics or the ideas, but he's so enthusiastic about everything it's honestly incredible. He leans in closer while he's talking, fingers playing with the hem of my coat, well his coat I remind myself, tugging softly at the material as if he's debating whether to go any further. Eventually, he builds up a bit more courage, and his hand moves under the material, pressing against my hip, fingers playing with the silken material of my dress as he continues talking. He's being surprisingly forward compared to earlier, but I can only pray he doesn't talk like this the whole time, the continuous monotonous tone making it really difficult for me to actually pay attention to anything he's saying, too distracted by the music in the club. Suddenly his hand leaves my skin. I realise I haven't been listening to a word he's been saying, and I panic for a moment as I worry he's waiting for me to respond.

"Back in a minute." I breathe a sigh of relief. I can only assume he's going to the toilet as he turns his back to me and wanders off into the crowds. I wait for a minute, and then two, but the music is too tempting. The beats of the song reverberate through my body, enticing me, and with no chatty boy in my way, the pull is too strong and I saunter onto the dance floor, hips swaying with the rhythm as my eyes close. They're playing an excellent selection of reggaeton tunes, and I shake and shimmy in time with the bass, lips mouthing the words to some of my favourite songs. I put all of my pent up emotion and energy into the dance, accentuating my movements with flicks of my hips, feet moving quickly to keep up with the beat, allowing the energy to flow through me, allowing the rhythm to cleanse my soul. Suddenly a large arm wraps around my waist, pulling me back into a solid surface. I stiffen immediately, before recognising the scent of the mysterious wolf and allow myself to relax slightly. His chest presses against my back as his hand remains wrapped around me, our lower bodies swaying to the music as we occasionally brush against each other.

"What's your name gorgeous?" I can't help the little flutter in my stomach as his words, and the growing tingles between my legs.

"Reyna." I mutter, eyes half closed as I lose myself in the sensation. I can't help the little flash of anxiety as I reveal my name, a habit I picked up from the years of running from Rodrigo. Yet now that he's not tracking me...

"Mmmh a name as sexy as its owner. I'm Cade." His arm encircles me further, pulling me closer into his hold.

That's when the cute boy reappears. He takes in Cade's hold on me and moves closer, although his eyes are filled with hesitation. When he gets close enough, he clears his throat, motioning at Cade's arm whose grip slackens a bit in response, obviously giving me a choice.I debate for a fraction of a second, taking in the chinos and air of desperation in the eyes of the boy in front of me, but I choose not to move out of Cade's warm embrace. I hear his quiet chuckle in my ear in response just as his arm tightens around me again. I lean into him, the tiny ounce of guilt I feel evaporating almost instantly.

In front of me, cute-boy is slowly fuming, but seems to be hesitating as to what he should do next, obviously unwilling to take on Cade - his sheer size being enough to deter most people at the best of times, combined with the rather intimidating musky aura of power he's currently exuding - yet not wanting to give up his very slim chance with me. So his solution is not to move, but instead glare at us furiously from about a metre away. In response to cute-boy's reaction, Cade's hands grip either side of the coat I'm still wearing and strips it off me in a single move, chucking it at cute-boy.

"Thanks for chatting to her. But I'm going to be looking after her now." I feel my stomach clench at his words, and try not to think too much about how easily he just undressed me. Cute-boy gives me a single, pitiful look, then finally marches off, flinging his coat over his shoulder as he goes and whacking a couple of dancers in the face as he does. Once again, I manage to feel sorry for him for just a second, before Cade's hand slowly strokes its way up my body, and all thoughts of cute-boy, who's name I can't actually remember, evaporate from my brain.

Cade's fingers splay onto my stomach, the silk heightening the sensations, then cup the side of my boob before making their way to my neck. He lightly tickles my jaw, then grips it, pulling me flush with his body.

I lean back, bearing my neck to his hold, hips brushing the front of his trousers. His hand tilts my head back and he leans down as if to kiss me. But his lips hover in front of mine, teasing me. Just when I reach a snapping point and decide to lift onto my tiptoes to reach his lips, he deviates, nuzzling into my neck. I moan in frustration and he chuckles behind me.

"Don't like being teased gorgeous?" His voice is mocking and I pout in response, hands reaching back to circle around his neck.

"Well unless you want me to act like a brat..."

"Don't worry princess, you act like a brat and I'll be sure to remind you of your place." I know it shouldn't, but his words make my legs tremble and I'm suddenly determined to be as bratty as I can be.

My hips suddenly swap a little more, brushing against him harder and his grip tightens on my arm.

"A dangerous game you're playing..." He spins me to face him, lips millimetres from mine. I lean forward, closing the distance slightly so he can almost feel my lips moving as I respond.

"Only dangerous if I don't know what I'm doing." I stare him straight in the eyes as I slowly slut drop in front of him, my face reaching the perfect height. But I don't break eye contact, simply raise an eyebrow before I slowly sway my hips, bobbing in front of him. He grabs me roughly by my neck, leaning down towards me as he pulls me up. His eyes are glinting with desire, but there's also an element of excitement. I'm not sure he's used to girls who challenge him. With that Alpha's aura, he's probably used to girls melting at his every move, submitting to anything he wants. But I'm determined to hold my own. He roughly pulls me into him, as if he's finally going to kiss me, but simply smirks.