CHAPTER 21 (Re-upload)

Reena's delicate hands caressed his cheeks, urging him to meet her gaze. "What's wrong?" she whispered, her voice filled with shock and concern as she witnessed his tears.

Rocky's grip around Reena's waist tightened, his emotions overwhelming him.

With tenderness, she gently brushed away his tears, her voice trembling as she repeated, "Rocky, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I'll miss you, sona."

Reena was dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?" she gasped, her voice trembling with utter confusion. Her mind raced, desperately trying to grasp the meaning behind his cryptic words.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Where?" she choked out, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Somewhere really far away."

Reena stood there, her mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions. Confusion, disbelief, and a tinge of fear all mingled together, leaving her utterly frozen in the moment.

She struggled to find the right words to respond, her voice trembling as she finally managed to stammer, "W-why? I mean, f-for how long? I'm... I'm coming with you, right?" Her shock was palpable, her eyes wide with anticipation.

Rocky's expression remained stoic, his gaze fixed on the ground. With a barely noticeable shake of his head, he softly uttered, "No."

Reena's hands fell from his cheeks as she slowly backed away, her mind racing with disbelief.

Questions yet again flooded her thoughts.

Why was he doing this?

And why now, of all times?

Her heart pounded in her chest as she struggled to make sense of the situation.

She was utterly perplexed by him, unable to grasp his true essence and decipher his intentions, no matter how fervently she attempted to do so.

She just couldn't understand him.

"I have to take this business to an international level," Rocky declared. "This empire needs to become stronger, the strongest of them all. I want its name to strike fear into the hearts of those who dare to cast an eye upon it. I want them to think a hundred times before even considering an attack."

"Why wouldn't you take me with you?"

Rocky's hands instinctively reached out to grasp hers, his touch both comforting and protective. "It's dangerous. Truly dangerous. Here, you have everyone who loves you, ensuring that you never feel lonely. We have hundreds of guards to protect you and our people. But out there, beyond these walls, there are enemies lurking, waiting for the perfect opportunity to invade KGF. They would stop at nothing to destroy me, and they wouldn't hesitate to harm you or our people in the process. They are capable of unspeakable things, all in the pursuit of reaching me. I can't take any ri-"

"What about you?"

She interrupted his rant, her voice cutting through the air like a sharp blade.

"What?"

Undeterred, she raised her voice ever so slightly,"I said, what about you?"

Caught off guard, he furrowed his brow, desperately trying to grasp the meaning behind her question. "What about me? What do you mean?"

Her eyes welled up with tears, a storm of anger and hurt brewing within her.

"What about your safety? What about your loneliness? Your life? Your happiness?"