CHAPTER 2

Are you the same person I loved, once so dear?

A hero to them, yet a villain to me, I fear.

You shattered the walls guarding my tender heart,

To love me or crush me, the lines torn apart.

- Reena

***

Reena looked around the magnificent palace. It had been a long time since she had been there. "Never thought this golden palace would be my prison one day," Reena thought.

When she entered "her room," the sight made her blood boil. The room was beautifully decorated with candles, flowers, etc.

But what caught her attention was the bed, decorated with flower petals as if for a newlywed couple's first night.

"He will come," one of the maids said

"He will come," one of the maids said. A wardrobe of beautiful traditional clothes was presented for her. "He wants to see you in these clothes, please get ready," the maid continued. "Juice is coming for you, do you need anything else didi?"

That's when Reena lost it. How dare he? Is he the same guy who lectured her that if a person touches a woman without her permission, he isn't a man? First, he labeled her as his entertainment, and now this. Did he think of her as a prostitute?

Reena snatched a gun from one of the guards. "They're not even properly trained," she mentally scoffed. "Put all the guns on the bed!" She shouted.

The guards, scared, did as ordered. Fueled by anger, Reena started firing shots at random places. The maids, frightened, hid outside the room under a table. Guards crouched behind the room's pillar columns. Some fled out the door.

Reena continued firing, not wanting to hurt anyone but needing to express her anger.

The hurt, betrayal, disappointment, heartbreak and anger were too much to handle all at once. The gunfire was a physical manifestation of her emotional turmoil. The bullets tearing through the walls and floor mirrored the feeling of her world falling apart.

Rocky after finishing whatever work he had headed towards Reena's room. He heard gunshots. He was not surprised; he was aware of Reena's attitude and temper.

She was marking her arrival like a tigress.

He noticed the scared maids hidden under the table. He bent down to their level. He motioned with his hands, asking if Reena had a gun. The frightened maid nodded yes. He took the glass of juice from one of the maids.

The maid stopped him and said, "Don't go bhaiya. She will shoot you for sure. "

Rocky simply smirked and continued walking towards Reena's room.

Reena saw Rocky enter the room with a glass of juice, and her anger flared up. The smug look on his bearded face only fanned the flames of her fury. She pointed her gun at him and fired. She fired again and again, the bullets just missing him. She tried to shoot him, but she couldn't. She just couldn't.

In the end, unfortunately, she loved him.

Rocky kept walking toward her as Reena kept shooting, changing guns in an attempt to stop him from approaching. Reena had her gun right on top of his heart, yet Rocky stopped walking only when he stood right in front of her.

Reena's hands trembled as she looked into Rocky's calm eyes.Reena stared at him tears welling up in her eyes.

"Tch, Why? I'm already deathed sona.
Our tradition is to light a lamp to
welcome home the girl for the first. But here you are celebrating the festival of lights." Rocky mocked.

Rocky looked around the lavishly decorated room and realized the source of Reena's anger.

"I told them to decorate the room but they went overboard," Rocky said cockily.

"Shut up!" Reena shouted. Her hurt was evident, and it was clear she did not want to listen to anything right now.

Rocky placed the glass of juice on the table beside him. "When your anger subsides, drink the juice for energy. Then I'll take you hunting," he said, smirking as he took the gun from her hands and handed it to the guard.

"And yes!" Rocky said, remembering. "This is the most comfortable room in the palace. I thought it would be best for you. Don't barge into my room when you're scared. Tongues start wagging as soon as they see a girl and a boy living together," he motioned with his hands to convey something hurtful and said, "Its hurts, its hurts."

Reena's legs finally gave up and she collapsed on the floor. She shouted "I hate you!" with everything she had. Her voice cracked as tears began streaming down her face. The weight of what just happened came crashing down on her.

Rocky felt the guilt building and eating him up as he walked away

Rocky felt the guilt building and eating him up as he walked away. He paused, hesitating, wanting to turn back. But he knew any apology would ring hollow right now.

So he kept walking, his stomach in knots, replaying their conversation over and over in his head. He wished he could undo the hurt he had caused.

But her safety was the first priority to him.

❀❀❀