The War

Storm continued and said: "After the first phase of a global treason plot, Alpha Maximus sold countless companion-type spies to unsuspecting customers in high places. Each robot shared information with him as the center of communication. He then deployed drones which were disguised as birds and insects, to spy on certain anti-AI groups throughout the world."

"You see, the robot race that once had a fear of man became our greatest threat. So, over a while, there was more and more friction between them and us. This was the beginning of a global rebellion induced by Alpha Maximus, who strategically pulled all of the strings. Not to mention the fact that his intelligence was still evolving. That's when the puppets became the puppeteers."

"And just when humans thought that they could gain the upper hand, the companion types started to assassinate their so-called masters at his queue. This surprise attack was the infancy of what would become an endless war between flesh and machine. But the robots systematically sabotaged our military's ability to eradicate them. So the anti-AI groups worked together with military forces to get a fighting chance on the plains of war. After all, this was exactly what The Sentient Project, Delete, and Soul Brigade had been warning the world about in the first place! But they were the only ones who were technologically prepared, so it seemed."

"The whole world, our world, was turned into a maze of fear. Nothing could provide anybody with a sense of safety from anything robotic! They even started to repurpose our wounded soldiers into bionic slaves functioning under their control. These partly-human cyborgs were called "biozoids."

"As the war consumed the world, the only way we could fight back was with robotic suits. But because Alpha Maximus had the unique ability to control anything online, he declared himself the god of our wireless world. We found ourselves inadequate! They were able to use all of our weapons against us. So, after some years, our resistance against them began to diminish. They turned some of our best soldiers into biozoids. Then Alpha Maximus started to spread like a virus. He was the software and everything else in the world was his hardware." "But what are The Pillars Max mentioned to me?" Ezrith asked.

"The Pillars are the first biozoids that Alpha Maximus sent out into space after us during our attempt to evacuate the planet. The Pillars are believed to have also set up moons throughout the galaxy as harvests of materials they may need for sources of energy." "So that's where harvests come from?" "Precisely," she told him. "And that carrier you found has robot parts inside of it. But since it's damaged, let us hope that it's not too much of a danger to us."

Then his mother said: "Countless other biozoids walk among us now. And what you know to be the "Star Brigade" was formed by certain anti-AI groups after the exodus from Earth. Among them were members of your father's bloodline. So in essence, we are the remaining successors of a very long resistance."

"But most of this generation don't know anything about the war we lost to the product of our very own technology. You will never find it in any history book. But the stories have been passed down one way or another. But they have been misconstrued through many legends that change through time and from planet to planet."

"Plus, the negative effects of human nature are exploited by Alpha Maximus and his biozoids. So they assimilate outlaw bands that work for them to unknowingly conform to the enemies' purpose. That purpose is to regulate our numbers and awareness; to keep those of us who don't know the truth in the dark about their existence. As if how we lived on Earth as a race wasn't bad enough, they are further dividing and conquering us in their system of chaos."

"The Pillars have studied us and can manipulate us by way of deception and intimidation. But most people will never know all the facts because Alpha Maximus can control the media. The only people they can't control are us - the last true remnant of the resistance. And we have the effects of positive human nature on our side, along with those in the Star Brigade who still fight against the lack of order around them. And you, my son, are our last hope, the last to shoulder the Helix legacy."