Last Laugh

On a small spaceport near the Neon Jungle planet, there was an outlaw from a band called "Last Laugh Legion". It was Brian Gatly. He was sitting in a small coffee shop on the spaceport waiting for one of the ghost agents to contact him. The ghost agents were always discreet and anonymous when dealing with most informants. But Gatly was working with them because of having a newfound sense of justice. He was new to his outlaw band, but he only joined them four years ago mainly because of the financial adversity he faced on Nebulis. He wasn't a fan of the crooked Star Brigade.

Gatly very much hoped no one from Last Laugh Legion had been watching him or had followed him to the port. For them to know that he had flipped would probably spell out death for him and his whole family. But this new sense of justice he had gradually developed was strong with him. He almost felt like he was willing to be martyred for his new-found understanding. Even when he was young, though misguided by his elders and peers, he wondered if there was any real hope for Plumorita. The Origin Project had thoroughly answered that question he had in his heart for so long. He believed that people ultimately had to answer for their deeds.

As he clutched the laser blaster in his inside coat pocket, he stayed vigilant, almost to the point of nervousness. He watched ships, big and small, leave and enter the spaceport. He hoped he wouldn't recognize any of them. But like the soldier he considered himself to be, he was ready for confrontation, as his anxious trigger finger added some pressure to the laser pistol.

Suddenly, Gatly was spooked by a tall man in black who quietly approached from behind. The man stood by him stargazing out of the window with a lit cigar in his mouth. The man wore leather gloves and some dark shades. The wrist gadget strapped to Brian's left arm vibrated, taking his full attention away from the man. It was a ghost agent asking if the Neon Jungle's airspace was cleared of any spacecraft. He told him yes in code just before the call was ended. After that, the big starship from Celestia was given the okay to enter the planet's airspace from a secret location near the space station. After that, Brian greeted the man in black, turned, and then left that area of the port with his hand on his gun still. Brian was making his way to the flight deck. He kept looking behind and around, seeing if anyone was tailing or watching him in the crowded port. After finishing his cigar, the mysterious man with the shades watched Gatly disappear into the busy crowds. Then he walked off, blending in with the crowds himself. Looking behind, Brian bumped into a little girl who ran into him from the side. Still a little nervous, Brian stooped down to pick up the little girl's toy she dropped. But before he could hand it to her, he was blown away by a laser blast that came from nowhere. The little girl put the toy back on the ground and ran away, saying: "Last Laugh to the Legion!!". After that the toy exploded, killing hundreds in the spaceport and causing a widespread uproar.

The explosion attracted the attention of a couple of marauder ships on standby in the area. But some of the ships noticed the big starship appearing out of cloak mode and approaching the Neon Jungle's airspace, which was unauthorized space. Immediately, they fired at the starship but their weapons were ineffective. Colosso opened up on both sides, releasing hundreds of mech suits that swarmed like killer bees. Some of the mech suits blasted at the marauder ships until none remained.

After every mech suit exited the ship, the ship vanished into cloaking mode again. The intruder cannons on top of the mass production compounds above the Neon Jungles fired away at the incoming mech suits. But none of them were taken out because of their pilots activating energy shields. Circuit was piloting his mech suit with the Omega helmet online, which he used to hack the intruder cannons. Within seconds, he reprogrammed the cannons to recognize each other as intruders. They all took themselves out within minutes.

The rapidly approaching mech suits blasted and took fire from groups of robots around the compounds. With the Omega helmet, Circuit reprogrammed some of the robots to destroy one another. Then, while blasting away at them in the air, he deactivated some of their weapons systems. Also, he deactivated their vision. This caused enough confusion and dysfunction among them to allow some of the mech suits to enter some factories. From inside they were bombed, destroying their mass-production machines. The machines produced robots controlled by Alpha Maximus, matter converters, and supercapacitors. The capacitors are what most robots use as a power source. They were vital to them. Without them, they couldn't function for long since they had to be replaced every so often. Ato and Oasis merged suits in the air. They swooped in and out of factories, firing torpedoes at the machines.