Chapter 2

Nina's POV

I honestly never expected to wake up again. But I did.

I slowly opened my eyes. My arm felt like it was on fire, and so did my stomach. I couldn't move because of the pain.

"Finally! Thank goodness!" Someone said happily.

I was in some sort of house. I was lying on a bed, and there was a chest and desk nearby as well as a couple of pictures on the walls.

Then I noticed the guy sitting on a chair next to the bed I was on. He had slightly messy dark purple hair and green eyes. He was wearing a purple robe, and he had a blue scarf with black stripes on. The white and blue bird thing I had noticed in the canyon was flying nearby.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're at my house. Sheerow and I saw you get attacked by those thieves. After they left, I brought you here and bandaged you up a bit," He said. Sheerow must be the bird thing.

"Thanks. But... who exactly are you?" I asked.

"Oh! I'm Ravio. Nice to meet you," He said.

"Nice to meet you too, but I probably should get going," I said, starting to sit up. My stomach started to hurt even more, and I gasped. Ravio gently pushed me back down.

"No no no. You're badly hurt. I'm actually sort of surprised that you're still alive. You need to rest," He commanded. I was about to protest, but I was feeling pretty tired...

Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

I woke up later, but I couldn't tell what time it was or how long I had been sleeping. Ravio was still there with Sheerow. He smiled when he saw me wake up.

"Morning," He said.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"All of yesterday. You needed your rest, so I let you keep sleeping," Ravio explained.

"The thieves! Where are they?" I asked suddenly.

"They're gone. I think they thought you were dead. I haven't seen them since," He said. I slowly sat up. The pain was bearable now, and the bandages were holding up well.

"I'm sorry to have been a bother. I'll just be going now," I said. I stood up and made my way to the door. Ravio stepped in the way, and Sheerow followed him.

"A bother? Not at all! Where would you go anyway?" He asked.

"I don't know," I said.

"You're welcome to stay here if you want," Ravio suggested.

"I don't want to intrude..." I said.

"Not at all. It's been a long time since Sheerow and I have had any company. Besides, you aren't fully healed yet. It wouldn't be good for you if you went out wandering about," Ravio said.

"Ok then. Thank you Ravio," I said. Ravio smiled and bowed.

"Anything for a lady. You never told me your name," He said.

"Oh. My name's Nina," I told him.