3.

The choice was mine I didn't think enough.

 I'm too depressed, to go on, you'll be sorry when I'm gone.

 I never conquered, rarely came,

 Sixteen just held such better days

 It was two weeks after Quinn's accident and the doctors still hadn't seen much improvement.

 Maria and Greg were sitting on a plastic love seat in the ICU hallway, sharing a pair of headphones and blasting Blink-182.

 Some people who walked past them looked at them, silently scolding them for their loud music.

 You could see the wear and tear that this whole predicament took on Maria. The bags under her eyes were dark, her hair constantly in a ponytail or a messy bun, always with a sweatshirt or tshirt on. She wore moccasins instead of Vans or Converse and she wore the same pair of skinny jeans at least three times before she washed them.

 Maria had gone to school, people hearing of Quinn's accident. They tried to comfort her, cheer her up, but the only person who could make her remotely happy was Greg or Liz.

 Liz would help her get through the psychological phase and Greg the emotional.

 She wasn't too sure they were aware of it, but that's what they seemed to be doing.

 The oddest part of this whole thing was that Maria still refused to see Quinn.

 She sat outside her room, every day, doing homework, but she never went in.

 Maria ended up picking up Quinn's hours at the local record store too. Maria worked there every summer, trying to make a few extra dollars so she knew the routine.

 When the owner of the shop asked why she wanted to take Quinn's hours, Maria replied saying that she didn't want anyone else taking it, she wanted to make sure Quinn's job would still be there when she got back.

 "Out of all the songs I have on my phone, you picked 'Adam's Song'?" Greg asked.

 Maria shrugged, "It's currently very relatable."

 Greg shook his head, "Listen to something a little bit more uplifting Maria, come on."

 "Hey it's your phone," she replied smirking.

 With that Greg picked up his phone and searched until he found the song he was looking for.

 "I love this song!" Maria squealed, as 'If I'm Lucky,' by State Champs came on.

 "Thought you would," Greg replied.