2.

When Quinn wasn't at her locker before first period, Maria got worried.

 Quinn always called when she was going to miss school.

 Maria brushed it off, she must've just overslept. But deep down, Maria knew something was wrong.

 Quinn wasn't in second period English either.

 That boy Jimmy, who had the biggest crush on Quinn asked Maria where she was.

 "I don't know, sorry Jimmy. She usually calls. Maybe her mom took her phone or something," Maria said.

 Again, she made excuses but something was just not right with the whole situation.

 She sent Quinn a twentieth text:

Quinn where are you?!?!      

 It was kind of their thing, always checking in. Whether they were sick or away from home on vacation, they always checked in, and the other person always replied.

 Always.

 But suddenly, Quinn wasn't answering.

 Had Maria done something to upset her?

 Had Quinn finally went on one of those adventures she had talked about? Quinn always wanted to go on an Adventure like Margo Roth Speigelman, in PaperTowns.

 Soon enough lunch came and went and Quinn still had not replied.

 Maria looked at her phone every two minutes in case her best friend had contacted her.

 In AP History Maria sat with her headphones in, blasting Sex by the 1975.

 Her head banged slightly in time with the beat, her worry about Quinn not gone.

 Greg Jackson slid into the seat next to her, without her even realizing, her eyes closed, listening to the wonderful sounds that filled her ears.

 Greg leaned over and pulled an earphone from her ear, placing it in his own.

 "The 1975, you don't lie Parker," he commented.

 "I know my stuff Jackson, what can I say?" She replied smirking.

 When the bell finally rung, Maria sighed, stuffing her headphones in her pocket and leaving her phone on her desk incase Quinn finally replied.

 Halfway through class Maria received a text message. However it wasn't from the person she was hoping.