ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

"Mum I'm home!" I shouted and I found my mum in the kitchen laughing with my dad, baking cookies. My dad was in an embarrassing apron, all frilly, girlish, and pinkish with a plaid pattern. I was trying not to laugh, and I saw my mum wearing the new black one we got recently.

"Oh, hey hon, how was school?" Mum said, looking up while dad was busy rolling the cookie dough into perfect balls on the tray.

"So good. Leah dumped me because she wants the role of Annabeth." I said, as calmly as possible, adding "I love your apron dad."

Dad went red of embarrassment, before changing the subject. "Oh, but didn't you want to be Annabeth?" He asked, knowing the answer.

"Yep." I muttered, grabbing the bag of chocolate chips, and eating a handful.

"Didn't Leah know you wanted to be Annabeth for what- since you were 9?" Mum frowned harder, also completely confused.

"Yes but then she dropped me because apparently she acts more like Annabeth," I said in between mouthfuls.

Dad replied with "well, it's normal for friends to have fights. You'll make up, you always do. Don't stress, and how about you also audition for Annabeth?"

I nodded. "That's what I was just about to do." I said, closing the chocolate chip packet.

"That's my girl, come downstairs for cookies in half an hour!" My mum said, kissing my cheek as I squirmed from her touch and went upstairs to my room.

I swing open the door and grab my canon camera and a Percy Jackson book. I also grab a camp half-blood t-shirt, and tie my hair in a messy high pony tail just like Annabeth's, and wear my camp half-blood necklace around my neck along with my Yankee's cap. Perfect. I looked exactly like Annabeth.

[your outfit]

I practise saying a few lines, from

"The letters float off the page when you read, right? That's because your mind is hardwired for ancient Greek. And the ADHD-you're impulsive, can't sit still in the classroom. That's your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they'd keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that's because you see too much, Percy, not too little. Your senses are better than a regular mortal's."

Then this,

"I appeared on my father's doorstep, in a golden cradle [...] You'd think my dad would remember that as a miracle, right? Like, maybe he'd take some digital photos or something. But he always talked about my arrival as if it were the most inconvenient thing that had ever happened to him. When I was five he got married and totally forgot about Athena. He got a 'regular' mortal wife, and had two 'regular' mortal kids, and tried to pretend I didn't exist."

"I don't know what my mom will do. I just know I'll fight next to you."

"Why?" [Percy's line]

"Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?"

I practise everything, from her demeanor, how she talks, every single word from the lines, and facial expressions. Finally, after an hour or so I got hungry and bored, so I started recording.

[Your recording]

"Hi, my name is Y/N Y/L/N and I am auditioning for the role of Annabeth Chase. I am 13 years old, and have five years of acting experience and I am captain of the drama team in Nova Middle.

(Saying lines)

Thank you for watching my audition, it has been a dream to play Annabeth Chase since I was 9 years old.

[End of recording]

I rewatched and uploaded my video, completed the survey and then took a deep breath.

🎬🎬🎬

[The next week]

I got a message from my phone in the shower, which interupted my phone playing "Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift"

I hoped it wasn't Leah, because she was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. But I also wanted her to apologise at the same time, just not right now. In person, maybe.

I put on a towel around my body and stepped out of the shower, and then when I opened my phone, there was an email from the headquarters of Percy Jackson. My eyes widened and I didn't care that my hair was dripping onto my phone because this was the email that would write my future.

If I got accepted. If I did, I would be living my dream life, be famous, be popular, and be the girl I aspire the most- Annabeth.

If I didn't, Leah would probably get Annabeth or someone else and I would personally go up to the casting director and strangle them.

Slowly, I took a deep breath and shut my eyes and clicked on the email, and opened it again to find this:

--

Dear Y/N,

Thank you for auditioning for the role of Annabeth Chase.

Rick Riordan has approved of your role of Annabeth, so if you are still interested, you will meet Riordan at (address) at 1:00pm.

Walker Scobell is the new Percy, so we ask you to go and meet Walker to see if you have chemistry. If you do, you might be the new Annabeth.

More details about the meet here

-From the Percy Jackson Team.

--

I practically screamed. I kind of got in! I didn't get fully accepted, but it was enough to make me happy. Walker Scobell. Hm. I had no experience with boys so I was a bit nervous. But it's okay. It's just an actor.

ARGH!

My mum must have heard me scream because she knocked on my bathroom door.

"Y/N, is everything alright?"

"Yes, I just got into the maybe category of being Annabeth!"

[A/N: Next chapter there will be Walker! You excited?]

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 956

ᴘʀᴏᴏꜰʀᴇᴀᴅ: ɴᴏ

ᴅʀᴀꜰᴛ: 1ꜱᴛ