Chapter 68

Dreams, wishes, expectations you name it, we all have those either for materialistic things or for people

Dreams, wishes, expectations you name it, we all have those either for materialistic things or for people. In a day, that is 24 hours, we human beings wish for at least minimum 10 things from God that we want to go in our favor which could be any situation or we want something that is on our Wishlist. I am also one of those millions that wishes a lot of things which even came true. However, those wishes also came with a price that I had to pay each and every time. But this time the price that I'm paying is hurting me so much that it's reached the peak. The one person I always dreamed of, whom I wished more than anything in my life to meet one more time, is now in front of my eyes. He is alive and perfectly fine.

I can't help but stare at him. This whole this that happened few hours ago still feels like a dream to me. He is sitting on the floor beside my bed with his head on his arm and he is holding my hand in his other hand. After all these years, he have become a very good looking man.

Staring at him I can't help but question myself. What should I do? Should I forgive him? Should I start everything from the beginning or I keep holding the grudge against him and leave him like he did 10 years ago. I don't know for how long I kept looking at his face which is peacefully sleeping in front of me. My eyelids were also getting heavy again and at some point I fell into the abyss.

I tried to open my eyes eyes but couldn't. It was so bright in here. I tried to just to the light which took me few seconds to do. It was as if something have glued my eyes with something. Getting successful in opening my eyes I looked around to find myself in my room alone. I felt my right wrist very sore. When I looked at it, I found wrapped it in bandages. Why is it wrapped like this? What happened? Then It took me few minutes to remember all the chaos that happened. What I saw, what I did, everything. My eyes were fixed on it. Within few seconds my eyes were filled with tears. How could I do this? How could he do this to me? How will I face my family?
All these questions winded up in a row and lead me to feel all those emotions at same time which I never thought I could. I was a sobbing mess now and didn't know how long I was crying in my room. I wish I could numb my emotions right now but they were on the surface like a water under the sun, shining. Slowly I got up from my bed and walked into the washroom. As I glanced in the mirror all I could see was a girl who is tired with pale skin, red eyes and dry lips. Not liking myself a one bit I shifted my gaze and started doing my morning routine. After freshing up I changed my clothes and added some eye drops in my eyes because they were hurting bad and were very dry.

I was afraid to face my family now. I know everyone will be out now however, I just want this earth to swallow me so nobody can see me. So, I don't have to answer anyone's question. I walked to my bedroom window and looked out. The day was bright and beautiful, wish I could say same about myself. Opening of the door behind me got my attention and my heartrate quickened. I heard light steps and then it stopped. I braced myself for whatever that was about to come. When I turned around and blew out the air though my mouth which I was holding for some unknown reason.

There it was, the cutest human being alive on this planet I guess. Renato, was standing there looking at me with his sleepy face and messy hair. I smiled a little and walked towards him and he immediately embraced me with his little arms around my legs. I was starting feeling a little tired from all the standing so sat on the ground to his eye level.
"I missed you Hazel."
That little voice said with something in his voice that I couldn't quite pick out. I wanted to say something back to him but it was like my mouth is sealed with something. I tried to say something back but all there was silence. Not wanting to make that little soul worry, I smiled and made him sit on my lap. He immediately hugged me with keeping his head on my chest. I wish, I also had someone who could hold me like this when I was little. Not wanting to go back on that journey again, I shifted my focus on Renato. His eyes were fixed on my hand which was covered in bandages. I wanted to say something, even opened my mouth but couldn't voice my words. What is happening with me? Will I able to speak something? This thing was making me scared. I was scared of my own body, thoughts and actions now. A little hands wiped something from my cheeks. I looked down to see my little guard looking at me with confusion. He repeated the same action; then I realised I was crying. Have I gone insane? Have I lost the ability to control my mind now?
"There you are little man and your mom is looking for you in the house." We both looked at the voice.
"Come on... she is angry at you. You didn't finished your breakfast." I looked at my little guard and nodded him to listen Mr. Antonio. Renato immediately got up and kissed my cheeks and said.
"I will be back, okay?" I smiled a little and nodded.
Now, it was just Antonio and I in the room.
"Do you mind if I sit cara?" I looked into his eyes and nodded. He sat near me on the bed.
"How are you feeling now?"
Even I don't know the answer to that so I just shrugged my shoulders.
"Do you want to go out for breakfast?"
I looked at him in disbelief. I'm sure my reaction gave him all because he laughed.
"Don't worry you will be safe and I'm sure you want a little change of a scene right now." I nodded and he got up from the bed and looked at me. Then he put his hand forward for me to take and gladly took it because I know I don't have much energy left in me.
"Do you want me to wait outside of your room so you can change or gather anything you want?" I looked at myself and then towards him and shook my head to say no.
"Okay then. Let's go." He gave me his arm and I held it and we both walked out of my room in slow pace. I could hear a little chatter coming from dining room.
"Don't worry about anyone. They will be informed when we are out of this house." He said winking at me which made me smile. We went into the garage and picked up his BMW M4. Within few minutes we both were out of premises. The ride was silent but comfortable.

I held my gaze outside of the window at the passing trees

His phone rang which showed dad's name on the dashboard screen.
"I'm sure he's pissed as fuck." I smiled to that. He picked the call which was immediately followed by dad's pissed voice.
"Where the fuck is my daughter you moron?"
"Well, I've surely kidnapped her and she is my car trunk now."
"I swear to God if I see any scratch on her, friend or not, you will be found 10 ft under this ground."
"Calm you balls you idiot and she is right with me."
"Let me talk to her."
"Phone's on speaker."
"Principessa, Hello..... are you okay bambina?"
I wanted to say something but this damn voice was lost somewhere. I tried very hard and after few seconds all I could answer was a simple hmmm... which I'm sure he heard.
"Bambina don't worry I will be with you in few minutes if you want." I looked at Antonio and shook my head.
"She is fine with me and can't she spend time with her favourite uncle?"
"You know very well that she needs rest."
"Well she is resting and we are going to nonna pia's home and will be back in few hours. Also before you explode again I have back up with me so now I'm going to disconnect the call, Ciao."
Dad was about to say something but he just pressed the button. Till this date I can't find the reason why his ass is always on fine. I smiled to that and looked out again to get lost deep in those thoughts.