Tarnished and Hurt -- A Short Story

NOW READING,

TARNISHED AND HURT!

Extended Summary:

Ophelia Emrys. Descended directly from the bloodline of the greatest wizard of all time — none other than Merlin himself — Ophelia could have anything and everything she wanted.

But what she wanted would never be hers; Theodore Nott. She was in love with the boy who made random jokes and who was the most beautiful boy she had seen. To Ophelia, he was perfect.

Due to his sister's death, however, Theodore had changed. He was much more impulsive, reckless, harsh and a player for girls. But Ophelia's love wasn't weak: when she loved, she loved with all her heart, her mind, her soul.

Ophelia wanted more than the meaningless flings Theodore offered. She wanted Theodore to love her as she did him.

So she did everything she could. She wore dresses showing more skin than they covered, slept with other boys to make him jealous, threw away her virginity, and tore apart her reputation and grades. All for him.

But he didn't pay her any mind. Ophelia truly broke down when Theodore fell in love with another girl. They were happy and content.

Ophelia Emrys, on the other hand was broken. She was tarnished and hurt.

But will a new someone help her heal and love relentlessly, powerfully again? A certain bespectacled Potter who made her laugh her head off, perhaps?

WARNING: This book deals with mature subjects such as slut shaming, sex (not explicitly shown, just mentioned), self-harm, suicide and mental health issues.

This book is a slow burn. James and Ophelia don't fall in love, or even become close instantly. I accept criticism, but kindly do not complain about the slow burn.

CAST:

Ophelia Emrys - Claire Holt

James Potter - Aaron Taylor Johnson

Theo Nott - Lorenzo Zurzolo

Anya Patil - Deepika Padukone

Lily Evans - Sophie Skelton

Ariana Flint - Keira Knightley

a/n: can't believe i'm finally publishing this! i've been so busy with school irl, and I've not been getting time to work on this fic, despite the fact that i've been thinking about it for a while now! so happy i finally got it out! it's my first short story ever! i don't know how consistently i'll be able to update it, but i'll try my best. also, ophelia, ariana flint, and anya are my oc's, while the rest belong to rowling <3