Zayn Malik Imagine 1

A month, it’s been a month since Zayn asked me to be his girlfriend. It felt like ages ago but it was only 30 days ago. We were the only ones who knew about our relationship since it was sort of illegal. I was only fourteen and Zayn was 19 years old. If people knew about our relationship we wouldn’t only be getting hate but we would also have Zayn going to jail and I would get mad parents who would ground me forever. So the best decision here was to keep quiet from the world. I knew that I could trust Zayn since he never pressured me to do anything but I didn’t know if my parents could trust him because of the age gap. My parents knew him very well because Zayn was our neighbour ever since we moved to Bradford in England so they didn’t mind that I hung out with him.

“Zara, can you help me in the kitchen.” Screamed my mom

“Sure.” I replied

“Can you go over to the Malik’s and bring them this dish of cookies and invite them to dinner tonight.”

Great, now I would have to go through a whole dinner avoiding eye contact with Zayn and not being able to sit beside him since we aren’t supposed to be dating.

“Erm…sure. Is there some special event coming up?”

“Not really, I just think that your older brother should catch up with his mate since you have been spending awful lots of time with Zayn lately.”

“Mom, we’re just friends.”

“You better because you could get that lad in a lot of trouble. Now go off before it’s too late.”

I walked over the familiar route to Zayn’s house. I did this each day and as usual it takes only a couple minutes since we were neighbours. Nock Nock. To my surprise, Zayn opened the door.

“Hello Beautiful.” Zayn greeted me

“Hey Zaynster.” I tried to sound cool

“Zara, its fine nobody’s home, ”he started, “ do you want to come in?”

“I would love to stay Zayn but my mom is being really suspicious right now. For all I know she is probably looking at us threw my bedroom window.”

Zayn did his sweet adorable laugh.

“Aw its fine, I just wanted to see you again.” He said

“Well you can see me tonight since my mom is inviting your family over for dinner.”

“I meant alone but I’m sure we can come.”

“Great, see you at 5 then?”

“Yep and Zara, I think we should tell our families tonight before it’s too late and they find out on their own.”

“Zayn, I don’t know if this is a- “he caught me off

“Zara, I’ll be by your side during every moment, fight and argument you have with your parents. I don’t want to keep secrets from the people I look up to anymore. I don’t want to hide you from the world. I want to show you off to all of my friends and show them how incredible, beautiful and intelligent you are. I’ll be your knight in shining armor and will never let you out of my sight. I love you Zara. Forever and Always.”

I was dumbfounded; this was the very first time Zayn told me he loved me. Yet I was here speechless and not responding to his statement. I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth. Sure I liked Zayn a lot but did I love him enough to tell my parents that we were dating? Did I love him enough to show him off to all of my friends? Did I love him enough to take the risk? Did I love him enough to bend the rules? Did I love him enough to say I love you?