Chapter 37

"Jay you need to calm down alright." Steve was holdding Jay's shoulders as she began to breath quickly.
She had been eratic since Crystal's dissapearance and no one could get her to calm down. She had even punched Kitty Pryde in the face when the mutant had told her "just chill".
"You really expect me to be calm?!" Jay shouted, "My sister was kidnapped and is probably being tortured right now! How can you sit here and do nothing?!"
"I know!" Steve shouted.
Jay started then Steve let go of her and stepped away.
"I know what you are feeling right now, but you have to stay calm." Steve added.
Jay crossed her arms and frowned as Charles walked into the hall from inside cerebro . She felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked beside her to see Bucky there with a firm look on his face.
"This is exactly how Doom wants you to react. If you're erratic you will most likely do anything to get her back including turning yourself in." Bucky knew what he was talking about. His eyes fell a moment before capturing Jay's, he knew he had used it before.
"Okay." Jay said. "I'll calm down."
"Good," Charles began, "Because you may not be able to handle what I have to say."
They all looked at him with worried glances and he said,
"I can't find her."
"What?!" Jay shouted.
Steve sighed and placed his hands on his hips before asking calmly,
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." Charles replied.
"Oh yeah? You sure?!" Jay shouted taking a step forward.
Bucky grabbed her and Charles remained motionless.
"You know what?!" Jay began, "with your legs and youth back you're beginning to act like a real asshole!"
"Jay!" Steve said harshly.
"I want to find her just as much as any of you." Charles said.
"Oh really?!" Jay laughed, " You were the one who caused Crys to become Crow you know? It's your fault this is happening! You hated her and you let her get taken!! You--"
"I LOVED HER!" Charles's voice rang off of the walls and every mutant felt a sharp pang within their minds at that moment. Charles was breathing heavily, but controlled. He swallowed hard and added in a more somber tone, "With my youth and with my legs came a chance at happiness. Happiness which I have lost to another." he glanced at Steve who looked extremely bewildered then took a step toward Jay, "Do not think for one moment that I did not try."
With that Charles marched passed them and down the hall. Steve hesitantly followed and left Bucky with Jay. She stared forward angrily as Bucky stepped back and watched her.
"What are you thinking?" He asked her.
She turned to him quickly and said,
"About how I'm going to kill Doom if he laid so much as a finger on her."
Bucky sighed then said,
"We all want him dead and we all want Crys home safe but we can't do that when we are all yelling at each other trying to place the blame."
Jay stared at the floor then back up at the door to Cerebro . Then an idea hit her and she looked at Bucky.
"I'm sorry." she said.
Bucky was set off by this and furrowed his brows before Jay, with a swing of her arm, sent him back down the hall. She quickly turned to the door in front of her and shut her eyes, feeling her power build up within her. Her eyes opened again as she put up her hands side by side before her. With a tearing motion, she pulled her hands apart and with them, the doors moaned and creaked until sparks began to fly about and the metal and wiring tore apart.
She hurried forward onto the extended platform and when she reached Cerebro she turned back to the torn apart doors to see Bucky running at them. She used her similar hand motions only this time she pulled the doors together once more. One blade formed over her hand and she touched it to the door and traced the year in the door, Sparks and flames jumping out at her. When the crack was sealed, she ran to Cerebro again and placed the metal head piece upon her own head.
She shut her eyes and within a moment she felt as if she was being launched forward, her stomach tightening and her head feeling light. Her body felt numb as she felt as if she were falling through the air and down upon the earth. She then heard them. All of the mutants on the planet. Laughing, screaming, sleeping, working, they were all there and she could feel them all fill up her head until she felt as if she would explode.
It was then that she felt something. She was thinking about Crys and herons threw itself across the lands but came up with nothing. Frustrated she thought of how else she could find her. She smiled to herself as her mind flew across the abyss of voices until she reached a very sarcastic and obnoxious one.
She opened her eyes and felt it all suddenly end. Her body was trembling and her head hurt but she found something. Behind her the doors opened with a jolt and she turned to them, a dazed look on her face.
"What did you do?" Charles said.
Jay furrowed her brows, her head going light as she fell back, stopping herself by taking hold of Cerebro. Bucky and Steve ran to her and Bucky waisted no time in picking her up into his arms.
"I told you," Charles said, "I couldn't find her."
"Did you see anything?" Bucky asked her as she stared upwards with a dazed smile.
She turned her face to Bucky then grinned saying in a sing song voice,
"I found Deadpool."