⭒ CXXXVI ⭒

Helllooooo friends! Hope you're having a good day! New chapter, yay! Can't wait to hear what you think of this one. Excited for what's to come! Of course there's some more ~drama~ which we all enjoy tbh but things will be looking up!

Hope you'll enjoy this one, hope to hear your thoughts, and I hope to see your votes! Tomorrow night I can write more again and I'm so excited! Thank you for being here. Enjoy ♥️

Word count: 3507

~~

Fred and Josh talked about it more, longer, both having calmed down again as they spoke about it. Josh told Fred he felt relief, that he didn't have to go to Dustin on his own, and even more relief that he had told him and he had someone to confide in and trust and rely on. Fred had sworn his loyalty to Josh, and that he would protect him and care for him. He promised that.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Josh jumped a little. "Fredrick", it was Dustin's voice, followed by another loud knock. Josh panicked.

"H-he's here, it's- its him", he whispered, his breathing speeding up; almost losing control. "I- I don't- I don't wanna go back I can't- I- please let me s-stay with you please, please keep me h-here", Josh rambled quietly, voice hushed as he gripped on to Fred's hands tightly, panic in his eyes as he pleaded Fred to keep him there.

"Hey, hey, slowly, slow down", Fred whispered. "Breathe, Josh", he said as he held Josh's hands in his own tightly. "I'll handle it. I'll take care of it. Now listen to me baby", he said and Josh tried to be quiet as he nodded. "Go to the bathroom, leave the door cracked so it won't make a noise. Stay there, keep the lights off, hands over your mouth so he won't hear you. Can you do that for me?" Fred asked. Josh nodded softly. "We're gonna pretend you're not here", Fred then clarified, and Josh nodded again. He pressed a kiss on Josh's forehead. "Go, I'll be there as soon as he's gone", he whispered as he moved away from Josh to let him get up.

Another knock was followed. "Fredrick!"

Fred quickly moved Josh's stuff that he'd brought from Dustin's place under the bed, putting Josh's phone under the mattress when he saw that Josh had forgotten it. He shoved the empty tea cup Josh had drank from behind the pillow to make sure Dustin wouldn't see two cups, then he put his headphones around his neck. He then noticed Josh's shoes last minute, so he also quickly shoved them under the bed. A third knock, and Fred opened the door.

"Oh, Dustin, hey", Fred said, rubbing his eyes as if he was tired. "What's up?"

Dustin looked past Fred into the dorm room. "What're you doing? I had to knock three times", Dustin asked. "Just working on music for a new project, sorry. Headphones block out all the noise", he said as he tugged at them for a second, still hanging around his neck. Dustin just gave a hum.

"Is Josh here?"

Fred frowned. "No, he's not. I thought he was with you..?" Fred asked. "Who told you that?" Dustin asked. Fred felt a light panic in his chest; he 'hadn't spoken' to Josh since lunch, at least that's what Dustin thought, so Josh couldn't have told Fred himself.

"Joe", he quickly made up, making it sound casual. "Said that Josh mentioned it during their class. When he didn't come back I figured that meant he was spending the night at yours too", Fred shrugged.

"Mhm", Dustin said. "...so he's not with you then?" Fred asked. "He was. Wanted to get some fresh air but he's taking too long. Thought maybe he'd come back here", Dustin said. "Oh... well, he didn't. Don't know where else he might be", Fred said. "Maybe try calling him?"

Another mistake that made Fred panic inside; Josh's phone was under the mattress. If Dustin would call Josh now, he'd hear it. He had his phone in his pocket, and he pressed the button to turn it off.