7. hatred and admiration

Tw: homophobic slur in chapter!

God, Barty.

Perfect fucking Barty. So first he tops Evan at art and now he's getting better grades, and was taking Regulus from him?

The blond boy didn't want to admit it but he was jealous. So fucking jealous of him. Perfect boy. He'd learned to despise him though he did take inspiration from him. It was the kind of hatred where you admired someone but you hated them for being better.

He just sucked in a breath and continued taking notes. The partially green haired boy sat next to him. Though he refused to take notes. He just drew multiple shapes onto his arm. Soon the shapes looked good together until Evan realised that the boy was drawing something... Interesting. It was a line of roses. Going from his elbow to wrist.

And the blond boy had to admit it looked good. Beautiful even.

Here it was again. The hatred and admiration.

Evan rolled his eyes and continued listening to the professor. Barty heard his phone buzz and he picked it up seeing the line of texts.

And they were all from Dan. Great. Absolutely amazing- this was the end of him. He'd rather choose death than hear his ex-classmate's voice again. Thankfully texting didn't let you hear the other person- oh, wait he sent a voice message...

The boy's arm slowly rose up. "Yes?" Professor Flitwick asked as soon as he could see a student's hand in the air.

"May I be excused?" He asked. His curiosity got the best of him. "Yes, but be back soon."

"Thank you professor." He walked out. His phone in his back pocket. The boy was aiming straight for the bathrooms. He nervously chewed his lip and clicked on the play button.

"If you keep ignoring me, I'll be sure to ruin you. Barty. You can't hide from me. Either you start replying and listening to me, I'll tell them. They'll know. Your dad, your friends, well if you even made some.-" He chuckled. That voice sent shivers down his spine. "- I know you might think that you're all tough and mean. Mainly because of your looks. But there are people who see right past them. Like me. You are a pathetic little immature boy. A confused little fag."

Barty got a glimpse of the mirror. He wasn't the only one who stood in the bathroom. There was the black haired boy from the closest.

"What are you doing here?" Barty's voice cracked. He knew everything that Dan could possibly do, but It was still scary.

Regulus walked towards the sinks and hugged Barty. He wasn't much of a physical touch kinda guy but that hug was needed. It wasn't romantic at all. It was a friend kinda hug. The one you'd expect from a friend whose comforting you. ,"What are you doing?" Barty asked. His voice raw. "Returning the favour." Regulus whispered, hugging the taller boy close.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

Later, at home. If you could even call it home. Barty was shaking in his boots. Scared of literally anything. He'd received threats before but this was different.

a) He knew Dan personally. Really personally.

b) He didn't want to hurt him. Just tear down his reputation. There wasn't much of it left but that was the least of his worries.

c) it would send his father into a coma.

d) He was just pathetic. Just like Dan said. A pathetic little boy. No, not boy... fag.

"He'd just sat in the living room the entire day. An anime series played in the background though he didn't acknowledge it the slightest.

When keys jingled and the door opened there stood Bartimius. "Barty?" He asked. Sitting onto the couch next to his son. "Barty, it's past midnight." He touched his son's shoulder.

Barty knew his father loved only his mother. Not him. Not at all. In his heart you couldn't find him. "You're not drunk?" The boy whispered. He knew he was being stupid right now. He knew. But oh how much he needed comfort. His arms twisted around Bartimius' neck. Pulling him in for a hug. "What's going on?" The father asked. When he got no reply he said; "Barty, talk to me." While rubbing his back.

Barty just sobbed. He knew his father didn't love him. But he'd do anything for a tiny bit of affection.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

"Ev!" The small girl whispered. The brother groaned and sat up. He was met with his little sister. "Ev. I don't feel good." She said. Evan was right awake. He placed the back of his palm to her forehead. "Yeah, you're burning up." He brushed through Anya's hair. "I feel itchy too.." She mumbled. Evan's brows furrowed. "Itchy?"

"Mhm." The girl nodded. Evan opened his arms. Letting his sister climb into bed with him. He let her rest on his chest. Stroking her hair.

He was sure Mr. Perfect didn't have to deal with anything like this.

"It's gonna be okay." He comforted her. "It's just a fever." Her eyes fluttered shut and the boy was left with his baby sister to take care of.

Maybe he'd be able to go to the pharmacy? He knew it was late at night and he knew the only window was in Pandora's room and they only slept with their door locked.

It was a good thing Sirius had taught him how to pick locks...

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

I wanna make longer chapters but I'm so drained