2. train ride

"Dora get up!" Evan shouted. He knocked again. Nothing. Completely nothing. He sighed and pulled out his phone. Texting them quickly.

Where are you? He typed.

Soon three dots came up. A reply following. On my way to school.

Evan was puzzled. What do you mean on your way to school?

I took the morning bus and slept at a friend's.

You did what?

I wasn't home yesterday. Slept at Lily's

Evan rolled his eyes and the door down the hall opened. A little girl smiling up at him. "Where's Panda?" She looked sad. "They're already at school." He brushed away her question. "Oh. I thought we'd go together." Evan turned off his phone and looked down at his sister. "Dora slept at a friend's yesterday. That's why they didn't open the door." He fixed her two pig tails with black bows. Matching her school uniform. "Mom, Dad and Panda aren't really talking right now. But that's okay-" He said as the girls sad face met his comforting one. "You ready for your first day, of school? Ever?" Evan tried his best to sound excited for his little sister. Maybe she'd like school. Who knows? "I haven't seen Dora in days." Anya whined. "I thought we'd go together." She pouted. "You two can go together another time. Yeah?" "Okay" a tiny smile appeared on her face.

"Well c'mon. Because we won't catch the bus." Evan wiped away a tiny speck of dust on her cheek.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

"5 pounds." The cashier chewed on her gum, her hoop earrings dingled with every chew.

"It says 4.99" Barty complained. His hand motioning to the cigarettes on the counter, Infront of them. "And what's one pennie?" The blond haired girl looked him up and down.

"I don't really feel like explaing it to someone like you. Cashiers should know." He stared at her.

"And what should I know?" The lady looked at her new manicure. Basically flexing it. Wanting someone to compliment her.

"Oh y'know. One pennie plus one pennie equals two pennies." Barty was done with this awful woman.

"Then why are buying cigarettes then?" She spat. "Couldn't you buy something with five pounds exactly?"

"What's the fun in that?" Barty smirked, one side of his lip moving upwards. "You're wasting time for both you and me."

"I know." The partially green boy shrugged. "Fine." The woman gave in. She threw a pennie at him. "Happy?" She asked. Venom soaked in the word.

"Very." Barty was getting ready to leave but then to top off his people skills; "Oh and your nails. You could claw someone's eye out with that. But no offence.-" he lifted up both hands in a joking manner. "-its your own decision to look like a drag queen."

The bell to the corner shop dinged and the anoying customer left. The blond girl huffed. "God, I hate him." She said, talking to another customer.

"Mhm, fair." A girl on the taller side picked up something from the Isle. Examining it and putting it back. "I'll give it to you for half." The cashier offered.

The girl looked at her questionably. "It's nearly expired." The blond answered the question the customer never spoke.

She picked up the jelly beans and tossed them on the counter. "Tell me, where are you going in that leather skirt?"

"School." She leaned on the counter. Waiting for the cashier to stop fucking talking. "What's your name. I see you here often."

"Dorcas." The girl rolled her eyes. Wanting this conversation to be over with.

"All this for school?" She skanned the items.

"Believe it or not I do have friends. But I can't say the same about you and your drag queen nails." Dorcas took the items into her bag and left the store. Slamming the door on her way out.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

Evan was running. He'd taken the bus with Anya to get her to her primary school. It was quite complicated explaining to the teachers that their parents were 'busy' and couldn't make it.

Now only the train.

His school was quite far. And so he had to take the train now. He pulled out his phone. Looking at the time. Eight twenty. His train was leaving in under ten minutes. While running to the station. He'd bumped into someone.

Half his hair green. An industrial piercing on his left ear and a tiny scar above his lip line. He had brown eyes and was wearing a simple gray top and dark blue jeans. "Sorry." Evan said when they crossed paths. He'd looked back for only a split second but the boy was so memorable.

Later, when on the train. The boy had sat across him. Going on his phone from time to time. Evan could tell he was nervous. He'd seen these little details on his siblings. Pandora and even Anya.

He had one of his hands under his thigh. Trying to steady the shaking of his hand. His legs pressed together. His posture bad and a unreadable expression on his face. You would think that since it was 'unreadable' Evan couldn't read it. But wrong. He saw right past the stranger. If Evan put effort into it he could know him like the back of his hand. But why use that effort? There wasn't a reason to.

"Move." An old looking man said to the boy sitting across Evan. "No." He spat back. Clearly not a pushover.

"Look, kid. I don't have all day. There's nowhere else to sit." The boy seamed to feel less anxious at being called kid. Clearly Evan couldn't know that. Yet. Now he did want to put effort into meeting the boy.

The brown eyed moved to the left. Letting the elder man sit next to him. Evan caught the boy glancing at him.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

"Wake up!" Regulus shoved Evan awake. "Hm?" He slurred.

The professor walked in with a stack of books in his hand. If he was going to make Evan reread the dictionary he really was going to jump out of the window to his left.

"So,-" Now may I make a note. The professor was far too excited for physics. Overexcited, if you will. Professor Pelzki would give you so much homowork that you wouldn't be able to rest your eyes for three nights in a row just to get it done. "-It's the beginning of the school year.-" He said, a kind smile on his face. "-So why not start off this year's physics with a project."

Most of the students whined. Some didn't care. Alike Regulus. And some stared at the professor, open mouthed. Ready to insult him so bad that he would never return. One of those was, no sorry. The only one like that was Regulus' older brother Sirius. Who had apparently ran away earlier this summer.

"Now before you go and pick your partners. We do have a new student. Bartimius-"

"Barty is fine, sir." The boy with partially green hair mumbled. Quite shyly. Unlike the overly rude teenager Dorcas saw. Speaking of her, she was next to a blond called Marlene. They were listening closely and their heads turned at the boy's voice.

"-alright then. Barty Crouch." The professor motioned to the student. "Junior." Barty said, now a little more clearly.

"I'm sorry?"

"Barty Crouch jr." He replied. Rather harshly. Pelzki just nodded. "And before I exite you. I have already picked who's doing the project with who. This will also be the seating plan for this semester."

Another bunch of students whined.

As he read out the names most students changed their seats. Evan didn't even know how, when and where but he was sat next to the boy he saw on the train. Barty Crouch jr. He never really remembered names. But he could remember this one. Evan surely couldn't spell Bartimius but Barty was quite an easy name for him to learn.

...✧。⁠_⁠~°◍_✯_⁠◍°~_⁠。✧...

I think you guys already know how I'm aiming this fanfic