Overlapping Vines

Original poem I made on September 20th 2023.

TW:sh, if you are sensitive to certain topics do not read!!
(Sorry for any spelling mistakes)

I'm sitting on my bedroom floor in front of my door, hoping nobody is worried about me. I hear the front door open and my mothers footsteps walking into her room. I am crying and sobbing. I look for the thing that helps me through the hues of tears and I grab the only thing I thought would help. It's like cigarettes that you are stuck with forever. Accept this time the cigarettes sting but not in a bad way. It stings in a way like vines wrapping around you. Those vines are flawless, there pink and red. You can't stop staring at there beauty and you just want to see more. The more they wrap around you they overlap and it's getting hard to breathe. You are gasping for air but nobody seems to see. You are trying to move but you can't. The more you move the tighter it gets so you give up. Drowning in these bright but dark colors. You can't help but notice that the sword you've been using this whole time was starting to turn red and dull. You can't use the sword you used to protect yourself anymore from the pain you kept Within the brains core. Your ankles and wrists are starting to get sore. You're starting to clench your fists. You're stiffening your grip. You grab what's left of the sword and you slice the vines into pieces. It feels like you are going into a deep sleep but your sleepless. The vines are gone but the thought of the vines are still in your brain. You are still feeling pain. Then you find that thing that sinks in your thoughts and you forget about everything that exists. It takes a lot of visits. But now you have no more dark colors surrounding you anymore.