father

Original poem I made on august 8th 2023  

(A lot of people have it worse than this and I don't want anybody mad, This is just my personal experience for my father and many others. My dad is actually a nice dude)

Tw: drunk? arguing, If you are sensitive to certain topics do not read!

Father, you remind me of a freezing night out in the cold with snow pants and snow boots with a thin jacket because you never liked coats. We would take the truck and the sound of beeping and breathing was all I heard throughout the drive. It was late at night and we would always stop to get ice cream maybe with a friend and have a nice time. Then once we got home everybody was sleeping my mother was snoring the back garage light was on and blinking, I would look through the iced up window and wonder "what were you doing?" You turned off the light came inside and I was sitting in the kitchen grabbing a drink, I saw you come in wobbly and shaky and mother woke up from the door slamming. "father, you okay?" Why would I ask that? Nobody likes when I ask if their okay, I'm so dumb. "Why wouldn't I be okay, I am fine." He walked over to the bedroom and went into bed. "Go to sleep, we all know what you were doing out there" My mother snapped and my dad looked sad, almost as if he was about to cry. I wanted to comfort him but it was 2:36am. I waited till everybody was sleeping and blasted music through my headphones to try and sleep. I woke up the next morning and asked my mom "Where did father go?" He was in the hospital again. he's at least in the hospital 10 times a year, probably gonna be gone for a week and come back and say everything was all good the billionth time. 

But maybe this time will be different.