Chapter Nine We Have No Hope

Narrator's POV:

After months of searching and prying every nook and craney, the search had ended. People gave up complete hope of finding Steven, everyone except for Lapis. She never stopped, flew across the world millions of times till running herself ragged.

Peridot grew concerned for her barn mate, but so was Bismuth. They knew she would be in denial longer than the rest of them. The times her and Steven bonded over about anything, hell after the Jasper incident on Greg's boat, Steven took her on a trip across the ocean. He knew Lapis's fear of the ocean was beyond severe. It was her prison after all,with Jasper.

Meanwhile, Pearl, Garnet, and Amethyst had completely lost hope. Garnet unfused and stayed in her room. You could hear Sapphires crying, Ruby's yelling. The fusion of love had truly broke apart.

Pearl was lost like she was when she lost Pink Diamond. Steven gave her purpose, made her prosper, and believe in herself again.

Amethyst, on the other hand, bottled all of her emotions into junk food and TV. Without Steven, what was the point of life anymore? Steven was the bright sunshine to everyone's lives, even if in the end they all realized there were demons tearing his mind apart quite literally.

Greg was the most broken of all. He just sat in Steven's room lifeless like a husk that the soul had been completely been sucked out of it.

Everyone had completely given up hope that he was gone, and there was nothing nobody could ever do to change that.

Suddenly, a helicopter was heard whirling through the air. The townspeople of Beach City all came out of their homes, and businesses to check it out. Even the gems came out of the temple to see what was going on. They may have lost hope on Steven, but they know if they stopped protecting the people, Steven would never forgive them.

Soldiers of Black Watch poured out of the chopper, raising their rifles up as everyone backed up. The gems summoned their weapons as Lapis, Bismuth, and Peridot landed next to them.

"Stand back everyone, we'll protect you!" Pearl aimed her spear towards on one of the soldiers. "What is it you want?"

"This place is now property of Black Watch, stand down and lower your weapons or we will use lethal force!"

"This dude does realize who we are right?" Amethyst rolled her eyes, knowing these guys didn't know who they were dealing with.

"You're Steven's family I assume?" Mark says as that immediately makes the gems step back in shock.

Greg's rage boiled within himself. They were the ones responsible, he knew it in the bottom of his heart. "You..." his fists balled up tightly as he walked forward. "You took my son from me?!"

"Greg stay back!" Amethyst tried to grab a hold of him as he slapped her hand away from him.

"NO! They did this! They took my son away from me! We have suffered for months because of them!" He pointed his finger towards the soldiers.

"Back up, NOW! or we will shoot!" Adam raised his rifle towards Greg.

Greg took another step forward before they raised their rifles.

"GREG STOP!" Amethyst sprinted forward to try to stop him.

Before any of them could stop him, Mark's finger slipped to his trigger and fired, all of the world stopped at that very moment, and nobody could believe what happened next.

I figured it's been a while since a chapter was posted. But I couldn't help but leave this on a juicy cliff hanger. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I'll see you guys in the next one, laters