𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

"𝓂𝒶𝓂𝓂𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝒶, 𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ 𝓌ℯ 𝑔ℴ 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃"

Ophelia had dealt with death her entire life. The girl had been surrounded by it from birth. She didn't know what life was like without it. First, it had been her birth parents. Although, she had only been a baby then, so perhaps that's why she didn't have much recollection of the car crash she had miraculously survived.

At six years old, she had been the cause of death for her adopted parents. In Ophelia's defence, she absolutely hated them. No, hate wasn't strong enough. It never was and never would be. There would never be a word to accurately describe the emotions she held for the couple. To trigger the curse of her werewolf gene, she had to kill someone, accidental or not, or to be at the scene of a death. Because her parents weren't instantly taken to the afterlife on impact in the car crash, she was never with them at their side while they passed away. Up until the gene was triggered, the cursed would experience heightened mood swings around the time of a full moon, uncontrollable anger and violent tendencies, and an enhanced collection of abilities ranging from strength to hearing.

In Ophelia's advantage, her adoptive parents had no clue about what their 'child' was going through. They never cared enough to ask, but it's not like she would tell them what she was experiencing even if they did. Which mean that the night where her adoptive father struck her arm with the belt a little too harshly, the full moon meant far less to them than it should have. Ophelia struck back in retaliation, finally shoving him back with an inhumane amount of strength and grabbing a nearby kitchen knife to stab the man over and over again until she was blinded by the blood coating her eyelashes. Her so called 'mother'? Well, she was just collateral damage. A good collateral damage, because it would've happened sooner or later, anyways.