Chapter 1: Unforgettable Encounter

Author notes: this is my first time writing a fanfic in a while, mostly because I thought this fantasy was too good not to share, it's an x reader btw so, ehe enjoy yourself 🫶
__________________

It was your first day in Inazuma, having just moved into your new house, planning to stroll around town before unpacking.

As you make your way into the crowded streets your stomach starts to growl, you hold onto your abdomen before looking around to ask for some good food places. As you do, someone catches your eye, it's a very tall guy that has horns? An oni? You thought to yourself, walking closer to him as you see him losing some bug fight to a bunch of kids, laughing to yourself watching it all play out.

As you watch him more closely, you take in his features a bit more, he's
......quite handsome, great build too, you smile to yourself as you see him get up, waving goodbye to the children before making eye contact with you.

He immediately gives you a big smile,

"Arataki Itto at your service!" He grinned and gave a little pose, as if posing for a picture, he's much taller now that he's standing up, easily towering over you.

"Did'ya need something or are you just gonna stand there and admire me? Hehe."

You smile at his introduction
"So...you famous around here..?" You say tilting your head to the children the was just playing with.
"Famous?" He scoffed. "I'd like to say...admirable is more the word for me!" He lets out a grin  "I'm the one and oni after all!" 

You give him a warm smile "I was just wondering if you have some food recommendations around here? I'm kinda new to the city and my stomach seems to be in a mood." He laughs loudly, "I knew I haven't seen you round' before" He turned around and started walking, "Follow me! I know some great places around here!" You smiled, following him eagerly, listening to him explain some spots you pass by before stopping in front of an open air eatery.

You both stop, taking in the smell of the delicious types of food. Itto looks at the menu written out on a board suspended over the road, Itto breaks the silence to point at the yakisoba.
"Watcha think? We could try out one of my favorite snacks! But it's up to you." He smiles, crossing his arms waiting for your answer.

"Hmmm..." You carefully examined the types of food written on the board, going for two of the most popular ones "I'll take some meat skewers and some yakisoba!" You smiled, clapping your hands together, excited to try the meal.

“Sounds good to me!” Itto called out to the cook. He ordered the yakisoba as well as a beef skewer.
As he waited for the food to arrive, Itto turned to you and smiled broadly. “So you said this was your first time here, huh? Have you seen or eaten anything yet that you particularly liked?”

You turn to look at him, giving him a sly smirk before saying "hmm...maybe..you?" winking at him.
You’d never seen someone get so red so fast. His eyes bulged and he opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He blinked rapidly and looked away from you, unable to think of anything to say. As the food arrived, he began chowing down furiously.

You laughed, thanking the vendor for the food before eating it all up, letting out a sigh of relief before smiling, happy your stomach is filled. Itto was staring at you, completely speechless as you ate your meal. Once you were finished, he swallowed his yakisoba and spoke.

“You’re, uh… really something else, you know that?” He couldn’t think of anything else to say as his heart pounded and his face remained red as a tomato.

"hehe you think so~?"
You slowly look back at him, giving him a warm smile
"why do you think that~?"

He cleared his throat and swallowed again, trying to collect himself.

"N-nothing! It's nothing! I mean, you can take care of yourself, you're funny, and you aren’t afraid to tease me… I mean, who wouldn’t find that interesting, right?" He laughed awkwardly, turning away from you and eating his yakisoba.

You smirk, looking him up and down.

"You're not bad yourself arataki itto~"
You purr his name, caressing his arm in the process.

Itto flinched in surprise as you caressed his arm. The caress sent a tingling sensation down his spine. His eyes widened as his face reddened again. His heartbeat seemed to double in pace, and his throat felt tight and dry.

"Oh..." Was all he could muster as he looked down at your hand on his arm.

You let out a light chuckle before standing up, placing a bag of mora on the table.

"For accompanying me today~"

You give his bicep a squeeze, before standing up to leave.

"Thank you for showing me around. I'll see you~"

You wink before waving goodbye, chuckling to yourself.

"Hm? Wait... where are you going?" He looked up at you in surprise as you walked away. It felt like your arm was still pressed against his bicep, and the memory of your touch remained there. He felt a strange pull on his heart, one he hadn't felt in a long time.

"H-hey... wait a second! Can I... Can I... uh..." He looked around in a bit of a panic, thinking about his next words. "...can I get your name?"

You keep on walking yet turn to look at him, sticking your tongue out playfully, ignoring his question before decending behind the crowds of people.

You successfully make your way back into your home, smiling to yourself as you lock the door behind you, making your way to your bed before flopping down, giggling and kicking your feet reminiscing your recent encounter with the oni.

The sun set and the sky turned orange. Itto was still walking through the streets, his eyes darting wildly as he looked for a glimpse of the person he had spent the afternoon with. His search was in vain. He took a deep breath and wiped the beads of sweat from his forehead, wondering how he will ever find the mysterious stranger. He then turned toward his house, the feeling of longing in his heart still burning strong.

___________

Author notes: anddd that's it for chapter 1! Hopefully someone actually reads this, it's not really slow burn since the real action will be happening next chapter so yeah! I hope you enjoyed thank you for making it this far 🩷