Chapter 22

A pounding headache jolted Akira out of his sleep, a painful reminder of the previous night's indulgence. Groaning in agony, he instinctively reached for his head, his discomfort palpable.

As the pain gradually subsided, Akira's senses sharpened, and he realized he was no longer alone. He turned cautiously, expecting an empty bed, but instead, he was faced with the sight of Satoru, peacefully asleep beside him.

Relief washed over Akira, and he let out a sigh, his shaky hand moving to gently caress Satoru's cheek. He marveled at how serene Satoru looked, even in slumber.

Satoru's beautiful eyes fluttered open, and Akira found himself gazing at him with a soft and affectionate expression.

Satoru, fully awake now, watched as Akira's mouth opened and closed, a small, fond smile playing on his lips. "Are you feeling better?" he asked, his voice warm and caring.

Akira nodded, his gaze locked onto Satoru's eyes, unable to look away. Satoru chuckled at Akira's unabashed admiration, finding it endearing.

Their connection, once fraught with confusion and desire, now held a sense of comfort and understanding. As they continued to gaze at each other, it was clear that something had shifted between them.

"What?" Satoru asked, genuinely curious about Akira's expression.

"You stayed," Akira murmured, his voice filled with a mixture of surprise and gratitude.

"Of course I—" Satoru began, but his words were cut off as a pair of soft lips met his own. The kiss was gentle at first, a tentative exploration of the newfound connection between them, but it didn't take long for it to ignite into something more passionate.

Satoru found himself leaning into the kiss, his desire for Akira growing stronger with each passing second. Their lips moved together in a heated dance, their longing and affection expressed through their shared kiss.

Akira, aware of the intensity of the moment, hesitantly pulled away. He placed his hands on Satoru's shoulders, his gaze filled with sincerity. "Slow," he whispered, his voice a plea. "We'll take it slow."

Satoru couldn't help but smile at Akira's words, his teasing nature coming to the forefront. "Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" he teased gently.

Akira looked up at Satoru, his eyes filled with a mixture of desire and vulnerability. "Both," he answered honestly, his smile reflecting the genuine emotions he felt in that moment.

Satoru's teasing smile softened into one of understanding and affection. He cupped Akira's face gently, his thumb brushing lightly over Akira's cheekbone. "I'm here for you, Akira," he reassured, his voice filled with sincerity. "We'll go at your pace, no pressure."

Satoru's smile remained tender and understanding as he continued to caress Akira's cheek. "Is that such a good idea?" Akira laughed softly, a hint of playfulness returning to their conversation.

Satoru's eyes sparkled with amusement. "Trust me, you have way more control than I do," he replied with a knowing smirk.

Akira raised an eyebrow in mock disbelief. "I'm sure I had so much control last night," he quipped, recalling the events that had transpired between them.

Satoru's expression turned more serious, his voice filled with sincerity. "It could've gone completely differently if I truly didn't care about you, you know?" he admitted, wanting Akira to understand the depth of his feelings.

Tears welled up in Akira's eyes, and his vulnerability was laid bare. "Please don't leave me," he pleaded, his voice filled with fear and longing.

Satoru gently wiped away the tears with his thumb as he brought Akira's face closer to his own. "I won't," he whispered, his eyes locked onto Akira's with unwavering determination.