Chapter 18

Suguru's demeanor transformed as he addressed the assembled crowd, his once-relaxed disposition replaced by an aura of authority and seriousness. His face became stoic, void of any warmth, and he issued a strict command to Akira, "Stay back and don't say anything."

Akira, following Suguru's instruction, stayed back and kept a low profile, positioning himself just behind Suguru. He remained silent, allowing Suguru to take the lead in this critical moment.

As Suguru began to speak, he tapped the microphone to check its functionality. The sound echoed through the room, capturing the full attention of everyone present.

"Test, test. Sorry for the wait, everyone," Suguru's voice rang out, amplified by the microphone.

"Now, I'll keep this brief," Suguru started, his words carrying an air of authority and confidence that demanded attention.

"From this moment onward, this organization belongs to me. I'll be changing the name, too, so everyone, please be sure to follow me," Suguru declared, his announcement hanging in the air.

Akira watched with wide-eyed surprise at Suguru's bold proclamation. He had believed that Suguru already had control over the organization, but it was now evident that he had lied about it. The situation was unfolding in a way that neither of them had fully anticipated.

Akira, though taken aback by the objections from the crowd, wasn't entirely surprised by the resistance they showed towards Suguru's takeover of the organization. He knew this would be a challenging endeavor.

Suguru, unfazed by the opposition, let out a sigh and briefly covered his face in frustration. "Now, that's not good," he muttered under his breath as he scanned the crowd.

Then, Suguru suddenly came up with a plan. "Ah, I know! Sonoda-san, if you wouldn't mind, please come to the stage," he called out, beckoning an elderly man from the crowd.

As the old man made his way up to the stage, no one, including Akira, anticipated the horrifying turn of events that followed. Suguru's actions shocked them all as he callously detonated an explosion that engulfed the elderly man on stage. Blood splattered, and droplets landed on Akira's face, leaving him in a state of shock and disgust.

With a sinister grin, Suguru continued, "Now, once again," he tossed the microphone to the floor.

"I hate monkeys, you obey me now," Suguru declared with an air of authority and cruelty.

Akira watched in horror as the crowd fell into a stunned silence, fear evident in their eyes. They complied with Suguru's command without another word of objection.

Satisfied with the results, Suguru turned around and walked back toward Akira. "Let's go, Akira," he said, his tone chillingly calm.

---

Suguru carefully observed Akira, noting his unusual silence regarding the recent events. Akira had refrained from objecting to anything Suguru had done lately, which, although it spared Suguru a headache, also raised his concern.

Approaching Akira as he stood gazing at the sunset, Suguru called out his name. Akira turned to face Suguru, his expression one of confusion.

"Akira," Suguru began, "you're oddly quiet."

Akira let out a scoff. "Would you like it if I nagged about everything?"

"No, but it's not like you to-"

"Look, I know what I got myself into," Akira interrupted. "If I want to help you, I need to know why you do the things you do."

"I already told you why," Suguru responded.