Chapter 8

Niall's POV

"Hey Niall, break's over!" Louis yelled from the stage, startling me.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

"Do you ladies need anything before we get up on stage again?" Liam asked Paige and Lauren.

"Yeah, drinks, snacks, hugs?" I asked with a smirk.

Paige rolled her eyes at me, obviously already back to normal and I laughed.

"It doesn't hurt you know. I'm not a bad hugger".

"She's too uptight sometimes. I think the lack of hugs is what makes her so cranky" Lauren stated. 

I smiled at her and she winked at me... that's when I realized what she wanted me to do.

"I'm not cranky. I don't have to be happy and retarded all the time you know" Paige started saying.

"Don't worry, I'll help with your crankiness" I interrupted and as soon as I said those words her eyes snapped in my direction.

She noticed I was stepping closer to her, and she realized my intentions were to give her a hug so she shrieked before running in the other direction.

"You are going to make me work for it huh, c'mon" but I was already giving her chase.

"Niall go away you need to rehearse" she kept yelling while she laughed and avoided getting caught.

"I'll go rehearse as soon as you let me give you a hug" I remarked.

I was quickly catching up to her and at this point we were at the entrance of the coliseum. 

"You can't run outside or you'll be mobbed by fans" that seemed to stopped her on her tracks and her hands fell from the doorknob.

I wasted no time on cutting the distance between us and right before I was about to grab her she turned around and said "fine" and wrapped her arms around me.

I stood there dumbfounded, my arms hanging awkwardly at my sides.

She's hugging me?

"Wow, you're a terrible hugger... very disappointing may I say. With all the practice that you've had with your fans..." she murmured and before she could step away which she was about to do, I pulled her towards me and encircled her in an embrace. 

"How's that?" I whispered.

There was a deep silence and I wondered why, I mean the guys should be rehearsing even if I'm not with them.

Paige pushed herself away from me and I searched her face for something, anything that could let me know what she was thinking.

"So?" I prompted.

"Could be worse" she replied and walked past me.

I let out a frustrated breath out and shook my head.

I don't care... I don't care... I don't care.

With that in mind I turned around and walked back to the stage.

Paige was sitting next to Lauren already but I avoided looking at her.

                                   *     *     *     *     *

Once we finished rehearsing all the guys jumped off the stage to talk to the girls, me I decided to go get some water.

When I got back the first thing I noticed was Harry sitting next to Paige, he's arm around her shoulder while they talked.