Colors and Promises #2

Ghar mein kuch khamoshi nahi hai?" Niggo asked Mimi, sitting on the sofa beside her, who seemed to be busy in her phone.

"Haan, pehle jaisi khamoshi hi rehti hai ab. Umeed cafe gayi hui hai" she replied absent-mindedly, missing her best friend as well.

"Yeh har waqt cafe mein kyun hoti hai?" Niggo frowned.

"Kya hogaya Maa, wo kaam kar rahi hai apna"

"I know baby, but koi time limit bhi hoti hai. Subah jaldi chali jaati hai aur raat late ho jata hai usse" Niggo shook her head.

"Bhai bhi tou aise hi karte hain. Unhe kyun nahi kehti kuch" Mimi immediately came to her best friend's defense when she sensed her mother trying to create another issue.

Niggo narrowed her eyes but chose not to answer. She saw Farjaad entering the lounge, dressed in casuals, with keys in his hand.

"Kahin jaa rahe ho?" She asked.

"Haan, Umeed ko pick karne" he answered.

Niggo shook her head, "Tumhe tou usne driver hi bana dia hai. Beta, usko samjhaya karo itna late tak kaam nahi kia kare, its not good"

Farjaad paused and looked at her, not liking her jab as well, while Mimi just rolled her eyes

"Maa, ismein driver hone ki kia baat hai. She's my wife and she is working very hard these days, its the least I can do"

Saying so, he walked out leaving an embarrassed Niggo while Mimi shook her head at her mother.

A few days had passed and despite Farjaad constantly repraminding her about her tight work schedule, she had barely heard him let alone implement it.

These days they could hardly sit and talk. Apparently, Umeed had the biggest order uptill now and she didn't have the time to breath. She used to leave early morning before him and he had to pull her out of the cafe, late at night.

Fretting over anything and everything, she even scolded her staff for minute mistakes, not satisfied until everything was perfect.

"Hey, Ali!"

Farjaad called out to a young guy who worked there, as he entered "Tumhari mam kahan hain?" He enquired about Umeed amongst the hustle of customers.

"Salam Farjad Sir, Umeed mam office mein hain" He replied, smiling at him.

"Mood theek hai?"

"Bilkul nahi. Kaafi gusse mein hain, Mariyam aur Asad ki class ho rahi hai"

Farjaad sighed and shook his head, dismissing him since he seemed preoccupied. He walked towards her office, situated at the back, only to find her scolding 2 workers. Leaning against the wall with hands folded against his chest, watching his spitfire of a wife with a smile on her face.

Munh se aag nikalne wala dragon.

Yeah, she seemed to be like one right now.

Farjaad cleared his throat to get their attention. Umeed and the other two looked up at him, acknowledging him.

"Jayein ab, ainda na ho aisa" Umeed dismissed them as they scrawled away, greeting Farjaad on their way out.

"Ijaazat hai?" He asked her.

Umeed rolled her eyes, "Aa jayein. Aap kabse poochne lage"

"Nahi meine socha pooch lun, aag barsa rahi ho iss waqt. Waise hi itna ghayal kar chuki ho, aur mazeed kar dogi tou phir banda kahan jayega"

Her frown eased into a smile at his flirting. This man could lift up her mood in seconds, no matter how annoyed she was.

"Baaz aa jayein aap"

Slice Of Life - FarMeed OneShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara