Colors and Promises

"Nahi Farjaad. Aaj tou bilkul time nahi hai mere paas. Kabhi aur chal lenge"

"Umeed, yaar! Tumne pichli dafa bhi yehi kaha tha. Aaj tou weekend hai"

Her husband, who was supposedly a tough, hotshot CEO, whined like a baby while sitting on the bed, looking at her with a frown on his face.

"Weekend pe tou aur zyada rush hota hai cafe mein, bethne ka bhi time nahi milta" Umeed sighed, wearing her earring.

Umeed sighed, giving her hair a final brush. Once satisfied, she sat on the edge of the bed, a few inches away from where Farjaad was sitting, to put her sandals on. Farjaad was looking at his wife with a pout on his face, who was too busy to look at him. He had suggested they go to a dinner tonight since it was a weekend and it had been so long since they had spent some quality time together and he missed that.

"Okay then, mein tumhare saath cafe chalta hun" he suggested, his face brightening up with a smile.

"Mein wahan customers dekhungi ya aapko" Umeed rolled her eyes, applying final touches to her make up.

"Woh jo staff hire kia hai na tumne woh dekhe ga customers ko"

His tone was sarcastic as he walked upto her, looking at her through the mirror. His hands circled her waist as he turned her around with a pull, jamming her to his chest, surprising her.

"Tum bas mujhe dekhna"

His tone had dropped down to a husky whisper as he gazed into her eyes, lowering himself his face as he nuzzled in her neck leaving soft kisses, making her giggle.

"Woh mein ghar aa ke dekh lungi" She pushed him away, laughing at his pouting face.

"Ek tou jabse tumhara cafe running mein aya hai na, ek minute jo tum mujhe ghaas daalti ho. Zaalim aurat" he complained like a kid.

"Aap ne hi tou dia tha, itne pyaar se" She shrugged, making a cute face.

"Mujhe kia pata tha meri jaan ka azaab ban jayega. Wapas karo mera gift" He demanded.

"Allah! Kia ho gaya Farjaad. Stop behaving like a baby. Chalo I'm leaving, der ho jaegi aaj"

She picked up her bag and files and was ready to go.

"Ruko, mein drop kar deta hun." He grumbled.

Umeed bit back a smile at her adorable husband as he picked up his keys and laptop bag from the bedside. He was pouting with a frown on his face but he wanted to drop her safely, even though his the route of his office was entirely opposite to the cafe. The way he loved her made me her feel warm and giddy inside even after 2 years of their marriage. She felt she was the luckiest person alive.

Still grumpy, he took her bag and files and walked out of the room with his keys in his hands while she followed behind with a flask of tea in her hand.

The drive was silent with him still pouty while she was going through her budget file. He looked at her lost in her papers with a frown on her face and huffed some more. He thought she would atleast try to pacify him or talk to him but she seemed so busy in her own world.

Once they reached the cafe, he got out and opened the door for her, helping her with her stuff.

"I'll be late today" she told him again.

"What's new in that" he rolled his eyes, closing the door.

"I meant, mein driver bula lungi. Aap direct ghar chale jayega"

"Theek hai, dekhte hain"

Umeed shook her head, knowing her words were falling on deaf ears. She could bet on the fact that he'll be here to pick her up even if it went out of his schedule.