Chapter five: Zoe Adams

It's a Friday, and prom is next week. A couple days ago was the deadline to submit our E.P.'s to the music festival of Portland, and I am completely at the top of my nerves. I am popping some books back into my locker when Lily and Veronica come over, and they completely scare me.
"Hey! Are you going to prom next week?" says Lily.
"Oh jeez. Um, well, I don't have anyone to go with, so probably not. I don't even have a dress and it's a bit soon to shop, so most likely not."
"Well do you wanna go?" inquires Veronica.
"I mean, it could be fun. But like I said, I don't even have anything to wear."
Veronica and Lily share a scheming look, and they turn back to me.
"Well lucky for you, we don't have dresses either." says Lily.
I'm confused.
"How is that lucky for me?"
"Because! We're going shopping today, and we thought that you could come with. There's this amazing store downtown that isn't known for their dresses because they're all hidden in the back room, but don't worry, they're amazing quality. The woman who makes them used to be a seamstress in London. And one more thing, you didn't hear it from me, but your name somehow got submitted to be Prom Queen, so if you didn't show, it might be a little bit odd." says Veronica.