CH NINE || confessions of a teen-girl

A/N: BRIEF MENTION OF OCD

LETS TAKE YOU BACK TO February 20th.

Olivia sat on the couch with Amelie, who was on the other end and focused more on Little Women (1994) than striking a conversation with her best friend.

the silence was bearable for a while until Olivia tried to get close to Amelie and cuddle her, like they used to do back home in Connecticut:

"now i know there's something up, what's wrong."

"nothing." Amelie dismissed,"i'm not in the mood."

Olivia scoffed,"in the mood to what? to cuddle."

"exactly." Amelie mumbled, checking the time on.

Olivia glanced down at Amelie's phone, seeing that she got a message from someone,"fine." going back to her original position and focusing on the movie.

Amelie glanced over at Olivia, bouncing her knee up and down in anticipation, before she abruptly stood up from her spot and rushed to her room, breathing in from her nose and out from her mouth started to feel suffocating for Amelie as she walked over to her window and opened it, allowing the crisp air of NYC to kiss her face and try to cool her down.

in the living room, Olivia grabbed the remote and turned the TV off, she had enough of her birthday and was weirded out by Amelie's behavior:

"goodnight, Lacy." Olivia called out.

there was no response.

ON THE THIRD DAY OF quarantine, Amelie had accidentally walked in on Olivia coming out of her 2 hour concert shower,"dude, what the hell." covering her body with the nearest towel and pushing Amelie out of the bathroom as her best friend groaned.

"lock the door next time." Amelie shouted, entering her room and slamming the door,"and there better not be chunks of your hair in the drainer, Olivia."

Olivia winced at her full name, knowing Amelie had the tendency of using it if she was angry or upset.

and that's when it started

by the fourth day, Amelie rubbed her hands over her face and composed herself, taking in deep breaths in and out while avoiding Olivia altogether, she wanted out of the apartment and the main reason was, yeah, Amelie had a crush on her friend and wanted to run away from her feelings, but the other reason was, her best friend was a slob and didn't clean up after herself.

"what is this." Amelie asked Olivia.

Olivia glanced up,"my thong." her voice calm, the kind of calm that irritated Amelie to the core.

Amelie let out an mhm and tossed the red thong to Olivia's face,"there's a laundry basket for a reason, Olivia."

"well." Olivia started, standing up,"not everyone can be a control freak, Amelie."

Amelie came back in with Olivia's hair,"i am going to kill you if this." showing Liv her hair,"happens for a third time, and i'm not a control freak, you slob."

Olivia scoffed and threw her journal to the side,"if it bothers you so much then you can move out." seeing the way those 2 words hit Amelie,"wait, Amelie.."